Ch.12: Coming over you

"Xander! Anya!" Buffy yelled as she kicked a vampire off of her. We were all out patrolling when we had come across a few of the pulse-lacking bloodsuckers.

  "Buffy, Aud, another one!" Willow shouted. Buffy was still on the ground as a vampire was leaping at her. Doing a jumping roundhouse kick, my foot sent the vampire tumbling to the ground as I helped Buffy to her feet. "Buffy!" Willow shouted again and tossed the Slayer a stake to take down a vampire.

  "Where's the other one?"

  "Scampered like a big bumpy bunny." Xander said while pointing behind Buffy and I.

  "In there." Anya added while pointing. Running to follow Buffy, we ended up finding ourselves entering a crypt, home to a nest of feeding vampires. Looking around to see how many there were in total, we quickly backed out while desperately trying not to get caught.

  "I don't care if it is an orgy of death, there's still such a thing as a napkin." Willow said.

  "A nest. No biggie. I bet I could do it. I mean, I know I could take at least two." Buffy walked behind Willow and Anya.

  "Yes. And then we could run for help while the other three suck your heart out through your neck." Anya looked back at the Slayer.

  "You're right." Buffy sighed. "It's too many for just us. You know who we need." She looked at each of us.

~

  Soon, we were making our way through a large, ornate mansion. Walking towards a desk in the office, Buffy began to nervously fidget, and I crossed my arms while looking around the room.

  "Uh, hi." Buffy spoke up. "We have a problem." The chair at the desk turned around, and the dark-haired male in the chair was smiling.

  "Sounds like you could use my help." Jonathan said while smirking. He had agreed to help us without much fuss, so he followed us back to Pops's house so we could prepare for the attack on the nest.

  Pops was hitting the books while Willow was on her laptop, and Buffy was pantomiming her punches in preparation. Anya was eating cereal, and Xander was trying to master his quickdraws as Jonathan was testing out the mini-crossbow. I, on the other hand, was warming up by doing hanging sit-ups from the side of the staircase.

  "I can't find a reference to any rituals." Pops said after closing a book. "Seems more like a....family meal, if you will." He took off his glasses while smirking.

  "And they say no one eats without the TV on anymore." Buffy commented.

  "Thanks, Rupert. Well, it's good to know we're not walking into the unholy feast of something or other." Jonathan joked.

  "Oh, Jonathan, I'm in!" Willow said excitedly when her laptop beeped. "Schematics for the crypt. Part of the original plan for the cemetery." Jonathan walked over to Willow and leaned over the back of the couch to see the screen of her laptop. "Sometimes there's a- Oh, no back way in. Just the one entrance." Willow was typing away on the keyboard.

  "Well, maybe we can make it work for us. We-We could stake out the entrance. You know, uh, maybe use a decoy?" Buffy offered. "Lure them out."

  "Or I bet...." Some tapping followed. "There. I can get in that way."

  "Oh, of course. Why didn't I think of that?"

  "I'm sure you would have. I think we have a plan." Jonathan said, and I stopped doing sit-ups and just hung upside-down. He was handing out weapons before looking at Buffy. "Buffy, you go in first. Let 'em get a look at the Slayer. Xander-" He cut off when he neared the chessboard. "The Nimsowitsch defense. Let's see if I remember." Pops put his glasses back on as Jonathan messed with a chess piece. "Mm-hmm. Mate in four. You almost got me that time Rupert. Xander, Willow, Aud, and Anya, you back up Buffy. I'll be the surprise guest. Everyone, let's show these fiends that they came to the wrong town."