Ch.95: Give him a pair of eyes with a come-hither gleam

"You lookin' for somebody?" I questioned after wandering into a lab and looking over Wesley's shoulder.

  "Oh, my God! Aud, you nearly gave me a heart attack." The ex-Watcher had a hand over his heart.

  "Hey, who let you in here?" Looking up, I saw Angel walking toward me.

  "Me. I broke into your office yesterday, and you're just now asking this?"

  "Just to give you a head's up, Angel, there's no keeping Aud out of anywhere. You can thank the Watchers Council for that." Wesley sighed as he turned back to what he was doing.

  "Okay, but how in the world can she get past all of the security? This isn't even the first floor."

  "It was actually easier getting into the upper floors than the bottom floors."

  "What?"

  "Because of the security on the lower floors, the people the further up you go are less likely to question if you're supposed to be there or not." I explained, and Angel made a face while putting his hands on his hips. "Not to mention I'm a demon and an apex predator."

  "Okay, then what the Hell are you doing here?"

  "You really think I'm gonna leave when my mate is stuck here?"

  "God, it's weird hearing you say that. Especially when it's about Spike." Wesley popped off.

  "So, like I was asking, you guys trying to find someone?" I asked.

  "Yes, so unless you know something, get out of here so we can work." Angel was handed a file by someone in a lab coat, and he dropped his gaze to look at it.

  "Depends. You got something of theirs?"

  "Why do you ask?" Winifred looked over her shoulder from the table a few feet away.

  "I'm a hunter. I can track."

  "How far?" She started fumbling with things on her desk.

  "Miles. Not sure the max, but I can follow a scent rather well."

  "Can you go with blood?" She asked me, and I nodded.

  "If they're wounded."

  "Angel?"

  "....Go ahead." He grumbled, and the woman dragged me toward a cooler room in the back where a body was.

  "Why are you showing me a dead werewolf?" I rose a brow

  "Oh, it's not just any werewolf." The guy taking pictures of the body pointed. "Lycanthropus exterus. Very rare, bipedal compared to most."

  "We need to find a girl that he bit last night. We couldn't get much off of him about her except some trace blood samples that got sent to the psychics to get a read. Maybe with you being an Ustrina Augendae, you could perhaps get a bit more." Fred gestured to the body, and I sighed through my nose.

  "Never thought my day would start with sniffing dead guys."

  "Ustrina Augendae? I don't think I've ever heard of that. What-"

  "Long story." I cut the man off while leaning over the table. "From a different dimension, rare, yada-yada-ya, don't piss me off."

  "You gettin' Aud to track down the girlie?" I heard Spike walk up.

  "Gonna try." The brunette woman replied.

  "Catch her after she goes all growly, won't be easy taking her out. I had a wee spat with a werewolf myself once. Fought for over an hour. Brutal. Vicious. Almost lost my-"