Ch.112: Seeing red again

"Then we're all agreed."

  "Yeah. We're all one big happy Manson family." Spike sighed.

  "We taking 'em all at once?"

  "Can't. The Circle of the Black Thorn is the most powerful group in this plane of existence. Together, they'd vaporize us. But separated, they're just demons."

  "When do we make our move?" Wesley walked toward Angel, and the vampire looked at him.

  "Soon. In the meantime, we keep up the infighting. The circle needs to believe we're comin' apart at the seams."

  "What about Illyria?"

  "What about her?"

  "Move like this, wouldn't hate having Blue Thunder in our corner."

  "Can't trust she'll come down on our side."

  "Oh trust me. She's housebroken. She was babysittin' Drogyn-"

  "She was with Drogyn?" Angel's attention snapped to Lorne.

  "Relax. The two of 'em were gettin' on well." Spike rolled his eyes.

  "You have to get over there now."

  "Why? What is it?"

  "Drogyn's dead."

  "And, uh, how do you know that, Kreskin?"

  "Because I killed him."

  "What?! Ow! You son-of-a-" Angel suddenly punched Spike, and the blond was quick to recover and swing back. The brunette diverted the hit just as the door opened and pushed the blond to the ground.

  "Sorry. Didn't know you were in a conference." Marcus stood in the doorway

  "I was just making a closing statement. Unless somebody didn't hear me." There was a pause, but the others began to file out of the office. As I walked past Angel, I bared my teeth and gave a warning growl. "Down, girl. Don't make me bring out the newspaper."

~

  "Illyria!" Wesley rushed to the fallen demon in the middle of the ruined living room.

  "Bloody Hell."

  "Illyria, can you hear me?" Wesley spoke gently, helping her sit up as her eyes slowly opened.

  "Who did this to you?"

  "It was Hamilton. Took Drogyn."

  "This may be a little gross, but just bear with me here." I said before using my teeth to cut my palm. Pressing the wound to her lips, she seemed to already know what to do. At least she was familiar with Ustrina Augendae healing properties.

  "Straight to his buddy, Angel. I'm telling you. Our fearless leader has fearlessly lost it. There's no part of this that makes any sense. I mean, we could be next." Lorne waved his hands.

  "I don't think we're being monitored here."

  "I'm not playing to the crowd, Gunn. I still don't trust the man."

  "We don't have to trust him. We just gotta pray the Black Circle does."

~

  "So what do we do if Hamilton decides to make another house call?" Spike asked, tossing me a chocolate bar since he was already in the kitchen.

  "Hamilton did this?" Angel walked in without having to knock since the door had been basically turned into splinters.

  "You didn't know?" Wesley furrowed his brows, and I ripped open the candy wrapper.