Ch.65: Then we will see who is alive

"I'm sorry." Buffy sighed while grabbing wooden stakes off of the little table by the comfy chair.

  "It's okay." Dawn smiled.

  "No. We're gonna sit down and have a real dinner- someday." I looked at her while putting a couple of daggers into the bag Buffy had put the stakes into.

  "We hate having to run out in the middle."

  "It's just, you know, there's this thing out there. Definitely non-vampire, and definitely not me." I added.

  "I understand." Dawn nodded. "W-Well, maybe when you guys get back, we can set up for the party tomorrow." She suggested as Buffy carried the bag towards the door, and I grabbed her coat. Holding it up, the Slayer slipped an arm into it while looking at her sister.

  "Yeah. Uh, this could take a while, though. I-I wouldn't wait up." Buffy said honestly. "Besides, Willow promised to be on birthday patrol, so there's nothing left for us to do."

  "Right." Dawn put her hands on her hips.

  "So finish your dinner, homework, and don't stay up too late, all right?" I pointed.

  "Okay." The little Summers nodded, and Buffy and I were off.

  "Okay."

~

  Patrolling, Buffy was carrying her ax while I just had my teeth, claws, and tail out. We were walking past some headstones, looking for the demon that was out here. It didn't take long for us to find it since the thing came charging right at us from behind while roaring like some idiot.

  Buffy blocked its sword with her ax, but it got bent in the process before the demon managed to disarm the Slayer. When I went to punch it, the thing sort of melted into nothing. Buffy and I exchanged looks before glancing around.

  When the big, red demon materialized again, Buffy kicked him in the gut, making him stumble back. I gave him an uppercut, then kicked the sword out of his hand. The weapon flew up into the air as I punched again, and I moved out of the way as Buffy used the demon's own blade to impale it. There was a pulse, throwing us both back.

  "Run off, huh?" Buffy said when we saw the demon was gone and no dead body was in sight. "Afraid to face true warriors?" The little blonde woman then noticed the sword. "Ooh, shiny." She grinned while grabbing it. She swung it around, testing it out, and I chuckled.

  "How many of your weapons used to belong to demons?" I asked.

  "Oh, just a few." Buffy smirked.

~

  "We're feeding an army." Xander said while Anya was making food for the party.

  "No, they couldn't make it." Anya smiled. "We're just feeding an Aud." She added while smacking my hand away from the plates.

  "So who's coming? You invite anyone else?" Xander asked Buffy.

  "Just you guys. Willow, Tara, the gang. Oh, and Sophie from work." Buffy replied. "What, like I'm one of those losers who can't make friends outside her tight little circle?" The Slayer asked. "No. I'm friendly. We bonded instantly. Peas in a pod. Bonded peas."

  "One of the losers who can't make friends outside of her tight circle." I raised my hand, and Buffy gave me an apologetic look.

  "Really? Um, what's Sophie's last name?" Anya questioned, and there was a pause.

  "Okay. Shut up." Buffy pouted.

  "Don't worry about it." Xander waved a hand. "We're all over the 'new friend' thing."