Ch.105: The red

Spike was tackled through the double doors, breaking right through them as I was physically on the ground laughing. I could hear the bleached-blond cackling while Angel was grunting and wrestling with him.

  "You're a wee little puppet man!" Spike laughed even after Angel punched him, and I was holding my ribs as they ached, seeing the two vampires on the floor. "Ow! Hey, that's enough." Spike threw Angel off of him, and the puppet vampire landed on his feet as the blond rolled over. "Angel, what the Hell happened to you? You look ridiculous." Spike smiled while getting to his feet.

  "Get out of here, Spike."

  "Oh, my god! Angel, you're a-"

  "Shut up!" Angel cut Harmony off while pointing at her. "What are you people looking at?" No one said anything, and I was finally back on my feet, trying to catch my breath. "Well?"

  "They're lookin' at the wee little puppet man." Spike popped off, and Angel launched himself at the blond. "Whoa! Whoa!" He shouted as Angel bit down on his arm, hanging on like a chihuahua, and I went down again while holding my ribs.

  Spike stumbled back while trying to get Angel off of his arm, but the little bugger just wasn't coming off, and they fell into an elevator. The doors closed, but everyone could hear them fighting and Angel yelling.

  "Stupid, limey, piece of crap!" When the doors opened again, Angel stepped out while fixing his hair, stopping when he noticed all eyes on him. "Yes, I'm a puppet. It doesn't mean you don't have work to do." He waved a finger before shoving his hands into his coat pockets while stomping back to his office with his head down. "Harmony, get my call list."

  "Aww, look at the little, pouty puppet." Angel stopped and stared at me with a 'go-to-Hell' look, and I ignored it while swiftly picking him up. "You're like a walking chew-toy!"

  "....And get Spike a car." He nearly growled as I held him up. "Aud, put me down. Now."

~

  "Fuss, fuss. The thing was about to strike. It was on your back. What was I supposed to do?" Spike questioned as we walked towards the flickering, burning nest.

  "Ask me to turn around." Angel grunted in pain as a sword was going straight through his chest to his back where a demon was also impaled.

  "Heat of battle. Wasn't time."

  "You just like stabbing me."

  "I-I'm shocked!" Spike threw up his hands. "Shocked that you'd say that. I much prefer hitting you with blunt instruments."

  "You know, we only asked you along because we felt sorry for you."

  "If it weren't for me, you'd be bug food, so stop whinging."

  "Angel." Fred stepped toward the brunette after the blond stormed off, and I sighed through my nose as the fire on my scalp flickered out.

  "I'll be all right, Fred."

  "No, I just want the bug. It's in pretty good shape, and I'd like to take it back to the lab. Always like a new specimen."

  "Oh, lemme help you." I grabbed the hilt of the sword sticking out of Angel and put my foot to his chest before he could stop me.

  "Wait, wai- Ah!" The brunette cringed as I pulled out the long blade, and the bug thudded to the floor.

  "Welp, it was fun burning shit with you guys again." I smiled at Fred and Wesley, resting the sword on my shoulder before walking out the way Spike had gone. "Call if you need me!"