Ch.111: Seeing red again

"Wesley! Wes! My man, how ya been?" I gave the ex-Watcher double finger guns, and he just looked at me. "Oh, what up Angel? Why you lookin' like a sourpuss?" Angel, rather than answering, closed his office door, and I turned to fully face the human. "So, Wes, Wesley, Wesloo, I can still smell booze on ya like a perfume. Come on, how about we go get some fresh air- Been too long since we last hung out."

  "Aud, what in God's name has gotten into you? You're practically vibrating." The brunette looked me over, and I chuckled.

  "I have no fuckin' clue, but holy shit, do I feel great." I glanced to the side and saw Spike and Illyria just standing there, and I grinned. "Illyria! Still hauntin' the place? Better watch out for Pac-Man. Oh, up high!" Raising my hand, the blue-eyed demon looked rather perturbed. "Ah, you probably don't know this one yet. Okay, so, ya just go like this." Grabbing her wrist, I raised her hand before smacking it with my other one. "And that's a high-five."

  "How....How long has she been like this?"

  "Last I checked, she was fine this morning...." Spinning on my heel, I turned to the two males eyeing me and threw out my arms while grinning like an idiot.

  "I don't know what it was, but I've been havin' an energy boost since a few hours ago."

  "What were you doing then?"

  "Nothing unusual. Just moochin' a snack off a demon."

  "A...demon. You took food from a demon?"

  "Don't worry, they work here. It wasn't, like, some rando off the streets. I always steal food from the workers here."

  "Did you ever think what you ate might have caused your change in demeanor?"

  "Now that you mention it, Wes, it very well could have."

  "So what exactly did you eat?" Spike rose a brow at me as I started bouncing on my feet.

  "Uuh, they looked like blueberries only purple."

  "Aud, did you ever realize that since your kind aren't from this dimension that some things here may affect you differently?" Wesley furrowed his eyebrows, his gaze following me as I moved in place.

  "But I'm half-human? And my metabolism and healing factor kind of, yanno, make it near impossible to kill me."

  "Well, I doubt this was poison, love. You look juiced on caffeine or like you have severe ADH-"

  "Harmony! Harm! What is up?" The blonde vampire physically took a step back since I had suddenly landed on her desk. "Oh, you're gonna get in trouble. Angel has that No Human Blood policy."

  "Oh, this isn't for me. Angel would never let me have some, unlike his fancy-pants guest." She scoffed. "I actually work for him, and he treats a stranger better than me." Harmony waved her hand before going to her boss's office to deliver the mug. My tail swayed as I watched her leave, and then I noticed Wesley was now gone.

  "Aud, how about you come with us? Inky and I are about to head out, find somethin' to hit." Spike gestured with his head to Illyria, and I grinned.

  "Yes. Brilliant idea."

~

  "See? This isn't so bad now. Little field trip out in the- Well, what passes in this city for fresh air." Spike said while looking around. "All we need now is to bag ourselves a Boretz demon....we got ourselves a perfect date."

  "We're in an abandoned theme park hunting a demon that's killed three people, I don't think that's considered a 'date'." I popped off, crawling across the beams of the broken-down ride just above the vampire and demon.