Ch.41: Shut your eyes and think about

"Buffy, run!" I shouted while pointing to the door. Buffy grabbed Dawn and broke through the door. Baring my fangs at Glory as she stepped into Tara's room, Willow stopped her with a spell. She forced the Hell-god back, and I reached out to help Tara to her feet and hurried out of the dorm, helping Willow escape with Tara.

~

  "A-And then, whoosh! All of a sudden, Glory's standing right there in front of us, all skanky and blonde and thinking she's all that just 'cause some bumpy heads kiss her stinky feet." Dawn was saying as we were at Xander's apartment. "She does have nice feet. And she's coming right at us, and Buffy's just standing there, not even blinking, like 'bring it on,' and- Wham! Hell bitch in orbit." She punched a fist into her palm while smiling.

  "Go, Buff." Xander said.

  "I-I knew you'd best Glory eventually. I mean, a-all our years of training-"

  "A truck hit her." Buffy stopped him as she was looking out the window.

  "Oh."

  "You threw it at her?" Anya asked hopefully.

  "Well, no. She more kind of waited for it to hit Glory. Uh, but then Buffy ran really fast, and we got away."

  "I don't know how we got away." Buffy stated. "That truck couldn't have slowed her down for more than a second."

  "Well, 'how' isn't important. All that matters is that the two of you are safe." Pops gestured to the Summers.

  "Safe?" Buffy scoffed while turning around. "We've barely been able to manage not getting seriously dead every time we've crossed paths with Glory. Now that she knows that Dawn is the Key...." She trailed off.

  "There must be something in the Book of Tarnis that we've missed, something that we can use against Glory." Pops waved a hand as Buffy turned back to the window.

  "Piano." Anya offered.

  "Because that's what we used to kill that big demon that one time." Xander added. "No. That was a rocket launcher. An, what are you talking about?"

  "We should drop a piano on her. Well, it always works for that creepy cartoon rabbit when he's running from the nice man with the speech impediment."

  "Yes, or perhaps we could paint a convincing tunnel on the side of a mountain." Pops said sarcastically. "Let's just keep thinking, everyone. Perhaps we should reassemble at the magic shop-"

  "We can't fight her." Buffy and I said at the same time.

  "Well, not yet, no."

  "No. Not ever." Buffy's voice had a firm tone.

  "She's too powerful, Pops." I shook my head. "Glory's....Glory's scent alone makes my fur stand on end. Whenever she's near, I feel like the prey instead of the predator."

  "We're not gonna win this with-with stakes or spells or-or pulling out some uranium power core. She's a god, and she's coming for us, so let's just not be here when she starts knocking."

  "Run away?" Anya looked at Buffy. "Finally, a sensible plan."

  "That's not what she meant." Xander raised a hand. "Is it?" The Slayer and I exchanged glances.

  "We can't stay here."

  "She'll just kill us off one by one until there's no one left standing between her and Dawn."

  "Buffy, Aud, we all understand the severity of the situation, but there must be another-"

  "No!" I cut Pops off while looking him in the eye. "We stay, we'll all die."