Ch.36: Coming over you

"Ow. I don't know about you guys, but I've had it with super-strong little women who aren't me." Buffy stated as she was pacing.

  "I don't count, right? I mean, I'm a little taller than you." I asked.

  "Nah, you're cool."

  "At least she didn't do too much damage." Tara said.

  "Are you kidding? Double-glaze glass ain't cheap. And the jamb needs to be completely repaired." Xander got a look on his face after he said that. "Oh, dear God. I'm the grown-up who sees the world through my job. I'm like my uncle Dave the plumber, and I must be shunned."

  "Okay." Willow smiled.

  "So what do you guys think she is?" Buffy questioned. "This may sound nuts, but I kind of got the impression that she was a-"

  "Robot." Tara nodded.

  "Oh, yeah. A robot." Xander agreed as everyone nodded.

  "The chick smelt like a computer." I popped off.

  "Yeah, I was gonna say robot." Buffy was still holding her arm. "What do you think she wants?"

  "Warren, whoever that is." Tara raised her brows.

  "It's gotta be the guy that built her." Xander said.

  "It's an unusual name. There's hardly any, except Warren Beatty and, you know, President Harding. I-It's probably not either of them." Willow furrowed her eyebrows.

  "Will, can you track down this guy with only a first name?"

  "Given enough time. I-I can get a list of Sunnydale students named Warren tonight, but then we'll have to call them or go to their dorms, so we probably can't start narrowing it down till tomorrow." Willow told Buffy.

  "She could do a lot of damage by then." Anya stated.

  "To who? Spike? See how vigorously I don't care. She was looking for this Warren, but it didn't sound like she wanted to hurt him. She said he's her boyfriend." Xander tilted his head as he looked at us.

  "I agree. I'm not sure this is a code red. Is there a code pink?" The redhead shrugged. "We need more codes."

  "Okay." Buffy smiled and nodded. "We'll track down Warren tomorrow. Tonight, we better go back and rescue Giles." The Slayer glanced at me. "He's been watching Dawn while my mom's out on her date. And I have a feeling there's only so much he can take."

  "You think he'll be okay when we get back?" I crossed my arms.

  "Oh, Giles and Dawnie? I bet they ended up having a blast." Tara smiled.

~

  "Dear God, Buffy, there's only so much I can take. We're gonna have to change the system." Pops said as he stood in the open doorway. "A 14-year-old's too old to be baby-sat, and i-it's not fair on her."

  "What's she make you do?"

  "Um, well, we listened to aggressively cheerful music sung by people chosen for their ability to dance. Then we ate cookie dough and talked about boys." Buffy and I laughed.

  "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm very, very sorry, but if it makes you feel any better, my fun-time Buffy party night involved watching a robot throw Spike through a window. So, if you wanna trade- No, wait. I wouldn't give that memory up or anything." She pointed while smiling.

  "A robot? Sounds interesting." Pops looked at both of us, paused, then looked back at me. "Aud, what in God's name are you wearing?"

  "Um...." I cleared my throat. "Buffy made me do it!" Quickly talking, I pointed at the Slayer before running up the stairs.