Ch.55: Oh, well you know you'll never find an easy way

"Me, too. Hey, maybe we're study buddies." The redhead gestured to herself and the other woman.

  "I don't have a wallet." The girl said.

  "Don't worry. Me, neither." The short blonde half shrugged. "But here, look." She grabbed a necklace around the girl's neck. "You're Dawn."

  "Or 'Umad.'" She giggled.

  "I'm, uh, called Rupert Giles." The man with glasses was checking his wallet.

  "Rupert." The woman next to him smiled.

  "Rupert!" The bleach-blond giggled.

  "You're not too old to put across my knee, you know, sonny

  "You're not too old to put across my knee, you know, sonny. Anyway, what did I call you?" Rupert looked at the man in the brown suit.

  "Um...." He began to dig in his pockets. When he checked his coat, he found a tag. "'Made with care for Randy.'" He read. "Randy Giles? Why not just call me Horny Giles or Desperate-For-A-Shag Giles?" Rupert chuckled. "I knew there was a reason I hated you."

  "Randy's a family name, undoubtedly."

  "Oh, hey, I have a name on my jacket." Willow said as the flower-shirted woman walked behind the counter next to me and opened the register with a key. "'Harris.'"

  "Harris? That's my last name. Maybe I have a brother, and you go out with him." There was a pause. "Or maybe you go out with me."

  "Well, we did wake up all snuggly-wuggly." She replied while folding the jacket into her arms. "Maybe you're my boyfriend."

  "Either that or I got one pissed-off brother out there somewhere."

  "I'm Ane-ya!" The woman next to me raised her voice. "Um, this key fits this lock, and the forms next to the cash register say that, uh, Rupert and Ane-ya own the shop together."

  "This is our magic shop? Well, that's-that's very, um, uh, progressive of me."

  "And I apparently work here." I said while pulling the name tag off my shirt.

  "Oh, you do?"

  "Uh-oh...." I paused while looking at the name. "Uh, how do you think I fit into this family?" Showing them the tag, I shifted on my feet. "It says I'm called Aud Giles."

  "Daughter, maybe?" Ane-ya shrugged.

  "No. No, she doesn't sound English." Willow furrowed her brows. "But there's a slight accent- I can't tell what it is."

  "If not daughter, how do I have the last name 'Giles'?" Raising a brow, I put the name tag back on. All eyes turned to Randy.

  "What? You guys think we're...." The blond man pointed, and I looked at my hands before I held them up.