Chapter 6

y/n pov

"y/n would you like to come over tomorrow after school?"

I received the text from Sungjin.

"Euhmm sure."
I replied back.

I stood next to the door of my bedroom. The same spot Sungjin stood the night he had brought me home. Why would he want to meet? And does he mean it as a friend or more? 

A lot of questions went through my head. Then suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and I saw it was my mother. "y/n? Were you daydreaming?" She asked me, "Why?" I asked back. "Well I called out your name a few times, but you didn't reply." My mother frowned. 

My mother was wearing a grey Colbert and a white blouse underneath. Her hair was in a perfect tied ponytail and she had a few wrinkles, from age, but I guess also stress.

"I was replying to a text mom," I told her, returning a blank face. 

When I talk to my mom, I feel like I am talking to a stranger. I don't know her and she doesn't know me. I know she cares about me, but I don't feel like I could trust her. 

"Ohh okay. By the way, I'm cooking dinner tonight. Your father will be home too in an hour or two." I was surprised by what my mother said. She hasn't cooked dinner in years. 

I went to my desk and started my homework. I am in my senior year of high school now and soon I have to choose which college I want to enroll in. I have a lot of problems with choosing and I only know that I want to help people so I thought about a medical study, but there is so much to choose from. 

After half an hour I went downstairs and my father was already home. I sat down on a chair next to him. "Hey y/n, how was your day?" He asked me. I could already know he wanted to talk to me, but he didn't know what. "I'm fine. Just a lot of stuff with school etcetera." I gave him a smile. "Ohh okay. Don't stress too much. You will do great anyway." He said as he turned the page of the paper he was reading. "Thank you, dad," I replied. My mom came out of the kitchen with dinner and she sat down. She suddenly asked;

"y/n, who is Sungjin?" I frowned how does she know Sungjin? She never saw him before. "He's a friend from school, why?" "Because you were texting with him and he asked you over tomorrow." She smiled. Is my mom seriously reading my texts now? "You can go to that Sungjin tomorrow. I do want to meet him soon though." my father nodded in agreement. It's not as if I wouldn't go if they forbid me. "Thank you, mom and dad." 

"Also, y/n. We decided that we will stay home more for you since I think we leave you to much for work." Mom said and after that, she took a bite from her food. I was surprised at what she said, why would they suddenly decide to stay home more? Couldn't they've done that a few years earlier? 

I put my food away and walked up the stairs. Why would they suddenly stay home? Do they know what happened at that party? I went inside my room and locked it. I heard someone else coming up the stairs too. "y/n? What's wrong dear? Did we say something wrong?" I heard my mom ask through the door. I let myself fall on my bed and said; "After years you and dad finally decide to stay home more? Do you really think that would make me happier now?" a tear now streamed down my face. "We're sorry y/n, but that's why we want to change. We want to be here for you now. I hope you can give us a second chance." I heard her sigh and walk away. 

After a short while, I fell asleep.

-

I woke up by my alarm clock. I got out of bed and I got changed. I went downstairs and I saw that my parents prepared breakfast. They also left a note. "Something urgent in the office. Have fun at Sungjin's place." I sighed and made a wad of the paper. They will never change. I ate the breakfast and then left to school.