chapter 23

- y/n person of view -

I pushed Jaebum away roughly. Jaebum nudged me to look behind me with a smirk on his face. I looked behind me and I saw Sungjin standing there. He had tears streaming down his face. Nononoo Please tell me this is not true! I wanted to run towards him and tell him what happened but I got held back by Jaebum by my hand and Sungjin went away in a quick tempo. I turned back Jaebum and  I slapped his face really hard. But then I also got a slap in return and he let me go.  I then ran away from Jaebum to look for Sungjin.

I ran the same direction Sungjin went. Only ending at an intersection. Which way did he go? The way to his house, right? I was doubting myself as I stood there looking at the possible ways Sungjin would've gone. The weird thing is, is that I felt I was being watched by someone... I ignored the thought and I started running towards Sungjin's house. 

My hands were shaking and my heart was beating fast. It was quite a run towards Sungjin's house and it didn't help that I don't have good stamina...

I arrived at Sungjin's house and I noticed his car was gone. Maybe he left his care somewhere else? I entered the house and I saw Hannah looking at me with a disappointed face. I walked over to her and said: "Hannah? Why are you looking at me like that?" I frowned still feeling panicked. "Why did you kiss Jaebum?" She asked me. "He kissed me but before I could push him away Sungjin saw it. I wanted to explain but Jaebum held me back. Please believe me!!" I told her. She sighed. "I know you wouldn't lie to me. You love Sungjin I can read that from your face y/n..." She sighed again shaking her head at the mess Jaebum had created by forcing a kiss on me. "Do you know where Sungjin is?" I then asked her but she shook her shoulders in reply "The only thing I saw was him leaving. He told me you kissed Jaebum and his eyes were full of tears." Hannah looked down. "Oh ok thank you." I took a deep breath.

I need to find Sungjin as soon as possible. I don't want to lose him.

- Jae person of view -

When I was playing guitar I heard the door ring and it was Sungjin crying. I let him inside and to my room. He told me everything that happened and I was shocked and caught off guard a little. I was really surprised hearing Sungjin say that y/n and Jaebum kissed. Especially because I know y/n is scared of Jaebum and the other boys. 

But most of my attention was now on calming Sungjin. I need him to stop crying and make him feel better so I grabbed my guitar and I started playing something we worked on before and I sang my own part. It seemed to fit in the situation.

"I don't even know how I can talk to you now
It's not you, the you who talks to me anymore
And sure I know that sometimes it gets hard
But even with all my love, what we had
You just gave it up"

I sang and Sungjin who sat next to me then continued.

"Thought we were meant to be
I thought that you belonged to me
I'll play the fool instead
Oh but then I know that this is the end
Oh, oh"

Even though he had cried for a while already he sounded good. Though his voice cracked in between sometimes.

"Hey, Sungjin..." I said quietly. "Hm," Sungjin said wiping his tears. "Please don't cry. There must be a good reason, you have to think straight right now. y/n hates Jaebum so why would she kiss him?" I asked so that maybe he would rethink. "I also thought Jisoo would never cheat on me, but guess what happened..." Sungjin said sarcastically. 

OK, that didn't really help...

I decided it's best to text the others. 

"Guys! Please come t my house. Something happened to Sungjin."