chapter 19

Memory: Mark

Mark is an eleven-year-old boy when something happens to him that traumatized him for the rest of his life...

- Mark person of view -

My parents work a lot lately so I have to get my little brother from school a lot more often... I don't mind it really, because I love my little brother, but on the other side... I want to play with other kids instead of constantly taking care of my little brother.

Also lately I notice really weird things happening. Hyunjin is in a bad mood lately. When I pick him up he's sad and he doesn't talk a lot anymore. I wonder if something is going on at school.

Today, as usual, I was going home with Hyunjin. I arrived at school and I didn't see him yet. Other parents who pick up their kids had already left. Maybe he had to do something in class? I walked inside to his classroom and I didn't see him there either. Maybe he went to the rooftop of the school? We aren't allowed to go there, but maybe he needed some fresh air.

I entered the rooftop and I saw Hyungjin with a few boys older than me. Those boys were already in sixth grade... What are they doing? I slowly walked closer and I saw Hyungjin was crying... 

I don't like it when he cries, it makes me feel like a bad brother for some reason.

I noticed the boys were cornering Hyunjin and he started walking backward. I could see the fear in Hyunjin's eyes because of the boys... I don't like it...

Eventually, Hyunjin was really close to the edge of the building. I was going to stop him from going backward, but it felt like I was glued to the ground and my mouth was glued closed... My eyes widened when I saw what happened. 

Hyunjin fell of the building...

It took me a second to go into a full panic mode... This can't be happening... No... Hyunjin!!! I took a glance at the bullies. They looked panicked too as they looked over the edge. Damn, I wanted to push them too.

 I ran downstairs to my brother. The teacher had already called an ambulance as he saw what happened. I sat down next to Hyunjin... Blood streamed from the back of his head on the cold hard floor... 

I grabbed him and I begged him not to leave me.

"HYUNJIN!!! Please don't leave me!!"

"Please don't leave me..." I silenced as I realized he wasn't with me anymore... I gave up... Why must this happen to him? He is so innocent. 

I felt a massive ache in my heart as tears streamed down my face. 

How am I supposed to tell this to mom and dad?

I failed to protect my little brother, I'm worthless...

"Hyunjin... If there is anyone I care so much about as I care about you. I will protect him or her better! I promise you! I won't fail anyone anymore!"

 I will protect him or her better! I promise you! I won't fail anyone anymore!"

ahh, this is heavy! I myself cried writing this one. I cried again when I saw a gif of a crying Jaebum XD I can't handle that either. After that, I cried for a crying Mark gif. 

I hate it when the got7 members cry TT

Thank you so much for reading! If you like it please vote!!!

- XX San