chapter 30

Jinyoung's memory

My mom brought me to school and I entered the classroom of 6th grade. I sat down at my table in the back. Next to me sits Woojin he's nice but I don't talk a lot with him, I don't talk a lot with anyone actually.

'Okay class, today we have a new student please introduce yourself.' The teacher said as she started class. A young black-haired boy stood up and said: 'Hi I'm Im Jaebum.' I looked at him and he was looking down at the ground. Is something wrong with him? Or is he nervous? 'Jaebum, please go sit in your seat' the teacher kindly smiled.

'Jinyoung? You want to play a game with me in the break?' Woojin asked me after we were allowed to play outside. 'Not today Woojin. I want to play with Jaebum.' I smiled and went to him. He was sitting on a bench, he seemed lost in thoughts. I sat down next to him 'Hi Jaebum' I said 'uhm hi.' he smiled. I saw a scratch on his arm. 'Where did you get that?' I asked him pointing at the scratch. 'My father was mad and yeah...' he said shrugging his shoulder 'and what?' I asked him confused 'He sometimes hit my mom and me.' he sighed 'Oh wow. That's not nice. luckily you have me.' I said smiling. 'Why?' He asked me confused 'Now you have a friend and someone who protects you!' I smiled excitedly. 'How are you going to do that?' I sounded a bit insulted. 'Well I will be your friend and I am going to protect you!' I smiled innocently. Jaebum chuckled and rolled his eyes. 'You're really something Jinyoung.'

After that day, the two boys spend a lot of time together. Jinyoung doing his best to protect his friend, even though he knew he couldn't do much. He wanted to help Jaebum so much and Jaebum knew that. I guess this friendship is really meant to be.

author's note: Don't listen to one direction while writing

author's note: Don't listen to one direction while writing. It does not help concentrating :)