Chapter 17

It was a beautiful rainy day. Jaebum was inside playing with his lego. Until he heard a female scream. It scared Jaebum he had heard screams but not ones where you could really hear the apprehension. 

Jaebum walked out of his room and walked through the barely lighted quiet hallway. He walked down the stairs to the first floor. Now he could hear moans and screams. He went to his parents' bedroom and the door was still a little open. It was really dark but Jaebum could still see.

Jaebum peeked through the door and saw his father had tied his mother onto the bed. His father was hitting his mother and doing weird stuff to her he didn't really understand what actually was happening.

Eventually, his mom let out another scream this time he could hear she has a lot of pain... He could also see her facial expression. His mother had tears streaming down her eyes... Jaebum really didn't like it so the eight-year-old boy ran inside the room and tried to pull his father away.

But of course... Why would an eight-year-old be stronger than a grown man? That's nearly impossible...

So Jaebum's dad grabbed a lighter from his nightstand and he lifted up Jaebum's shirt. He made burning scars onto his back, arms, and chest. Jaebum screamed out of pain and cried out loud. 

Only for his father to ignore it.

Only when Jaebum was already full of scars his father stopped and Jaebum ran back into his room.

The small Jaebum hid under his blanket and cried out of fear and pain... Hoping this would all end soon.