50

"You can't, she's not yours"
Shawn Mendes

"Babe how long are you going to be?" I ask knocking on the door.

I hear her sniffle then she walks out. "Sorry" she mumbles walking past me. I take her hand twirling her around to me.

"Were you crying?" I ask her. "What no? I need to go Shawn. I'll see you later" she leans up kissing my cheek then walks out.

Well that was confusing maybe she just wanted space or whatever it was I hoped she felt better. I wasn't going to pressure her in to telling me anything.

I walked in to the bathroom quickly doing my hair then walk out seeing Luna sat on the bed. "Hey love, you ready to go?" I pick her up.

"Daddy can we go with mummy?" She asks me. "She has to go be a doctor remember, we can see her tonight" I kiss her head then grab everything I needed.

-

"Hi luna honey, do you want to play with some play dough I bought?" Kelly asks her as soon as we walk in. She squeals in excitement running over to Kelly.

"Shawn, she's here. Already in your office" Kelly tells me. "I can call security" she tells me but I shake my head.

"I've got this, I'll call if anything happens" I tell her. "You got this Shawn" she pats my back.

I reach my door and took deep breathes before walking in. I takes all my pride to open the door and there she was sat with her back towards me. She obviously heard the door click and she got up facing me.

"Hi Shawn" she smiles. I begin to wonder does Luna have that smile?

"Dana, what are you doing here?" I ask, avoiding eye contact as I walk to my desk.

"Shawn I'm sorry" she blurts completely taking me off guard. "I want to see my daughter" she leans forward.

God she looked just the same. Her dark black hair cut to her shoulders, her body still the same, still that same pretty face.

"You can't, she's not yours" I remember what she did. She left, when my baby was six months she left. Not a note, a call or text. Just gone. I was so young, twenty years old not ready for child at all but I dropped everything for Luna and I would do it again.

"she's my daughter"

"No she's not and why now? How did you find me?" I ask my tone definitely getting angrier.

"Seriously?" She raises an eyebrow. "Mendes Industries" she scoffs. "And now because I came to my senses Shawn" she leans back folding her arms over her chest.

"You don't deserve to see her, if I see you again anywhere near me or around Luna I will file a restraining order against you" I warn her. I had no intention of letting her near my baby.

"And what about Heather?"

"How'd you know?" I ask gulping. "I know Shawn, you still get followed around, you're still a somebody" she shrugs.

"I swear to go I will call security if you don't lea-"

"Shawn listen to me!" Her voice getting louder.

"Why?" I shout back.

"Because I don't want her Shawn, I have no interest in being in her life as cruel as that sounds. I'm happy how I am now, I just want to see her. She is biologically my daughter. I have no interest in causing trouble. I'm settled, I'm getting married and I told my partner what I did and he insisted on me to find you so I'm here" she explains.

"So you just want to see her?" I ask.

She nods. "Just for an hour and you don't even have to tell Heather, I know you love her, that photo says it all" she points to the frame.

This was so weird she was being nice.

"I don't want trouble Shawn, I just want to see her, whenever you decide. She is completely yours and yours only" she gets up.

"Here's my number, text or call me when you decide" she slides across some paper then walks away.

My mind is completely blown. I of course have no interest in her I have Heather. Heather is my everything. Dana is the mother of my child, I hate her with all the bones in my body but I can't deny her from seeing Luna.

But I still can't decide if I should tell Heather or not.