Summer alone

Jungkook Pov

I woke up and Taehyung was still sleeping next to me, taking calm breaths. I noticed that I had been holding his hands all night and smiled. He suddenly opened his eyes and noticed me smiling. Returning the smile, he hugged me and I admired how cute he was with his messy morning hair.

"Morning" I said into the hug.

"Good morning" he answered softly. 

"Wanna go out for breakfast?" I asked and he leaned away from me, his eyes shining with excitement.

"I would love that!" he answered with a smile.

We got ready and left the still empty apartment. We decided to go to one of the cafés that we usually eat at. Once we had ordered some breakfast we sat down and talked. The sun had risen and the days were getting a lot warmer. Spring was finally ending and summer would be here soon. That would mark mine and Taehyung first year of high school together. I knew without a doubt that this had been the best year in a long time.

The waitress walked up to us, giving us our food and we started to eat. Seeing as the weather was nice for once, we decided to go for a walk through the city. As we walked out of the café, we intertwined our fingers. Summer is my favorite time of year so I was excited but something about summer made Taehyung look sad. I didn't know what and I really wanted to ask, I just never had the chance to. So, I decided to wait. School would end on monday and then we'll have a whole summer in front of us. I'm so excited, we could eat ice cream and go to the beach. 

When I had finished daydreaming we decided to sit down for a while. Taehyung had noticed an arcade and so we went over there and stayed there for a long time. When the sunset was evident in the sky we decided to go home. Sadly, this time we said goodbye to each other.

Monday

School was ending for summer and I couldn't stop smiling like a dumbass as I put on my school uniform. I was still so excited as I met up with Taehyung but he didn't seem as happy as me. Worry set in again and I was about to ask what was wrong but we ran into the others. We all made our way to our classes and I said goodbye to Taehyung who disappeared into his classroom. After the teacher had went over some things, we walked down to the gymnasium where the ceremony was held.

The principal was holding his speech and handed out all of the diplomas to the graduating classes. Afterwards some teachers held their speeches, the student council president also got to have a speech and then it ended with thank you's. Once we were let go, I was saying goodbye to some of the graduates when Taehyung walked up to me.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked, nervously.

"Of course, Tae" I answered and followed him to behind the school.

"What's wrong?" I asked, that same worry reappearing in my body. .

"I won't be able to spend the summer with you..." he revealed with a sad sigh.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling pretty dissapointed.

"My dad is bringing me to England over the summer to learn about his business and I can't skip it..." he explained.

"For the whole summer?" I asked, pouting.

"Yeah, I will be back in August..." he answered, feeling down as well.