Loss

Taehyung Pov

My dad is getting worse by the days. Ever since I took over the company a few months ago he has been hospitalized over and over again. I think in secret everyone is thinking about the worse case scenario but keep praying for everything to get better. Jungkook won't leave my side and I feel bad for making him worried.

Some things that he's mentioned recently has made me even more worried. He keeps talking about every little detail about the company that he didn't want to push on to me during my first time leading the company. He wanted me to speak about the future and what I want to accomplish. It seems like such small things but it's unusual. But by every passing day I can also see peace in my dad's eyes.

I was lost in my thoughts as someone knocked on the door to my office. I told them to come in and the person walked in. It was Jinwoo from the office next to mine. He left some papers that I need to go through and walked back out. I really need to focus on my work right now. I started working as the time passed by slowly and I was awoken by Jungkook walking into the room.

"Are you finished with the work for today mr. Kim?" he asked.

"Yes, I just have to give these papers to mr. Jung." I answered.

"Okay, I'll be waiting in the car." he said and walked out.

I packed my things and gave the papers to Jinwoo before walking to the car as well. I sat down in the driver's seat and noticed that Jungkook had fallen asleep. He must have worked too hard. I turned on the heating and started driving carefully through the heavy snowfall. I parked outside his house and lightly shook Jungkook to wake him up.

"We're here" I said.

"Oh, I didn't even notice that I fell asleep." he said confused.

"You must have been tired. Get a good night's rest. Goodnight, I love you." I said and kissed him.

"I love you too, goodnight." he said and smiled before walking out of my car and into his house.

I drove home in silence and parked my car in the garage. When I walked into the house the nurse walked up to me.

"Your dad wants to talk to you" she said.

"Okay, thank you." I said and took off my shoes before walking to his room.

I knocked on the door and he told me to come in. I walked in and sat down next to him in a chair. He was laying in his bed, looking just as pale as this morning.

"What did you want to talk about dad?" I asked.

"How is the wedding preparations going?" he asked and held on of my hands.

"Well, we think that the wedding will be held this spring." I answered.

"That's great. You must be so happy." he paused for a second before continuing. "Taehyung... I don't think I'll be able to attend the wedding..." he said slowly.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked nervously.

"The doctors told me that I might not have that much time left" he revealed.

"H-how long?" I asked almost chocking on the tears I was holding in.

"About two weeks" he said and looked into my eyes.

"You're still so young... I can't believe that this is happening." I said and couldn't hold in my tears anymore.

"I'm so sorry Taehyung... don't cry. We knew that this was going to happen and it's just happening a bit earlier than expected." he reassured and wiped away my tears that were replaced with new ones.

"B-but I don't want to lose you dad... I really want you here..." I said as I held his hand tighter.

"I wish that I could stay, I really do..." he said and looked into my eyes.

He hugged me tightly and cried with me.

"Promise me something, Taehyung." he said.

"Yes. What?" I asked.

"Promise me that you will be happy and not let this ruin your life. I really don't want to be the cause of your unhappiness. I will be looking down from heaven to see your wedding. I will be there with your mom." he said.

"I-I promise" I said and we intertwined our pinky fingers.

He wiped his tears and smiled at me. I smiled back through my tears. This conversation stayed in my mind all the time. My dad is only fifty seven years old and I will have no parents at nineteen.

I spent my birthday with everyone. All of my friends, Jungkook, Jungkook's family and of course my dad. But the day that we were dreading was the day after my birthday when my dad passed away right before the new year. The nurse had woken me and Jungkook up telling us to come downstairs. We ran down and into my dad's room.

He was laying his bed looking even paler which I thought wasn't possible. When he saw me he smiled slightly which made me feel like I was going to cry. I know that he wanted me to smile so when I reached his bed I smiled brightly so that he could leave without feeling guilt. Even though it broke me I needed to be strong for him. I held his hand as he held it weakly.

His last words were "I'm sorry, son. I love you. Be well." as he let go of my hand completely. I didn't let go of his hand even though I felt it getting colder. I finally let myself cry and Jungkook hugged my back as he cried as well.

Honestly, I can't believe that this happened. My dad no longer being in my life. The thing that comforts me is the promise and thought of my parents reuniting in heaven after all of these years.

Jungkook moved into my house a few months earlier than we had planned to keep me company. I didn't feel well just being alone in this big house. I got instantly more comfortable when Jungkook moved in. We were keeping ourselves busy with the wedding planning. The idea that I had had about the wedding half a year ago was becoming a reality. My dad's words comforted me and made me strong right now. I miss him so much but I know that all he wants for me is to be happy. This is my last time to make him proud, with a smile.

A/N: The last chapter is coming and I can't believe that the story is ending. I really hope that you have enjoyed it as much as me. Well I'll see you in the last chapter!