Facing my fears

Taehyung Pov

I clench my fists and think about what I'm about to do. I'm about to bring so much attention onto myself but I really want to prove that I'm not just some smart kid, I can be confident too, just like everyone else. I can sense that Jungkook is more nervous than me since I'm keeping my worries deep down and ignoring them. I'm going to prove them wrong and leave the school with a smile.

We met up with the rest of the group. Some of them were visibly surprised at my transformation as I was walking up to them. Today I greeted them all even more calmly than I usually do. They had agreed to make an entrance with me. It sounds kind of weird and unnecessary but why not? I'm glad that they wanted to help me, all of them had actually put in some effort into their looks today. Just for me. When I'm with them I feel safe. I'm so happy that I met these people.

"Let's go then!" Hoseok said excitedly.

We walked to school and once we reached the entrance to the school I took a deep breath. Me and Jungkook were walking in the front, holdings hands. With the others behind us. It was like I went into autopilot as soon as I took a step into the school building. The attention was immediately on us. I could practicality see people's jaws hitting the floor. It was a kind of satisfying feeling and I felt my confident side take over. I brushed my other hand through my hair and looked at the people in front of me. The girls face's were turning red as the boys were still staring in shock. I was doing something that was even shocking myself. I reached my locker and got my stuff quickly before I walked with everyone to my classroom. When we had reached the third floor I leaned closer to Jungkook's ear.

"Thank you, I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too" he whispered back.

"I'll see you at lunch" I said and smiled as I usually do.

"Yeah, good luck." he said and smiled back.

I thanked the others too. We split up and I sank into my chair in the classroom. I got out my notebook and started studying some random things. A lot of people tried to talk to me but I didn't answer that much. I wanted to study and I was not looking for more friends. Especially since most of the people that were trying to talk to me are people who bullied me until yesterday. The teacher walked in and started calling people's names. She said a few before saying mine.

"Here" I said and raised my hand.

The teacher looked up at me with shocked eyes.

"Taehyung, I could barely recognize you." she said and giggled.

"I started wearing contacts" I told her politely.

"I see" she said and kept calling names before explaining what we were going to work with.

The class went by rather quickly and I left the classroom to meet up with Jungkook and the others. I waited outside of his classroom for a few minutes before he walked out. I smiled at him as soon as I made eye contact with him and he smiled back brightly. We walked down to the cafeteria with the others and sat down. People kept asking to sit with us but we didn't want other people to sit here since we would be uncomfortable. Most of these people are and people. It got to the point where I felt like I needed to get out of there. I told Jungkook and he told the others that we were going to the empty classroom. They nodded and we walked away. We sat down in the empty classroom and I looked into his eyes.

"I can't believe that I did that" I said, still shocked at myself.

"I always knew that you were attractive, also you don't have to prove anything to those people." he said worriedly and caressed my cheek.

"I know, I just wanted to get back at them somehow but it took a lot of emotions. I'm so thankful that you all helped me so that I could leave this school feeling satisfied." I said and felt myself getting redder thinking of what I did earlier.

"I would always help you with anything" he said and smiled.

"Thank you, I will always help you too, I love you." I said and smiled.

"I love you more" he said and smiled back before kissing me.

The clock rang, signaling that we needed to get back to our classrooms. We held hands as we walked upstairs again. I smiled at him again before he walked into his classroom and he smiled back after he noticed me again. The rest of the school day went by quickly and I met up with Jungkook, Hoseok and Yoongi. Jungkook had invited me to go over to his and Hoseok's house. Yoongi has of course been invited too by Hoseok. We were all walking calmly on the way to the house. Talking about this very eventful day and laughing. I had only seen Yoongi smile or laugh a few times so it was really nice to see him enjoying himself. We got to the house and we greeted Jungkook's mom and Hoseok's dad before going upstairs. Hoseok and Yoongi went to Hoseok's room and me and Jungkook went to Jungkook's room.

"It's really nicely decorated!" I said as I looked around.

"Thanks, I spent a lot of time on it." he said and smiled.

"I feel like taking out my lenses... where is the bathroom?" he asked.

"Oh, it's just through that door." he said and pointed at a door.

"Okay, thanks." I said before going and opening the door.

"Oh my god-" I said shocked.

"What?!" Jungkook asked worriedly as he rushed into the bathroom.

Jungkook Pov

It was Hoseok and Yoongi making out again. Only this time it's in the bathroom instead of the living room. They are just as shocked as we are and they jumped away from each other.

"Ehm... there is a bedroom right behind that door." I said awkwardly as I pointed at Hoseok's bedroom door.

"Y-yeah, oh dear how did we end up here?" Hoseok said acting confused.

He was really flustered and Yoongi's face was kind of blank.

"Hoseok, let's take this to the other room..." Yoongi said and grabbed Hoseok's hand before the walked into Hoseok's room.

"Well I did not expect that" Taehyung said.

"Neither did I. But I have walked in on them in the living room too." I said and sighed.

"They are really wilding" he said and we laughed.

"Are you going to fix your lenses?" I asked.

"Yeah" he answered and started taking his lenses out and put on his glasses that he had kept in his bag.

The really cute Taehyung was back and I wasn't complaining. He smiled at me trough the mirror and I smiled back.

"Let's watch a movie" I said and held his hand.