Strong together

Jungkook Pov

I'm afraid, very afraid. What if Taehyung won't make it? What would I do? What could I do? I would be nothing without him. All I can do is sit here in an uncomfortable hospital chair and wait for someone to tell me anything. Everyone was at the hospital, my mom, Hoseok's dad, Taehyung's dad, Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jimin. Taehyung's dad was walking around asking nurses if they knew about anything about Taehyung but no one ever did. He was on the verge of breaking down. My mom was sitting and hugging me.

I can't get the image of Taehyung's face out of my head. It was terrifying. I couldn't think about anything else and it broke me. A doctor walked up to Taehyung's dad.

"Taehyung is in intensive care at the moment. We are trying to stabilize him with all of our effort." the doctor said.

"Thank you..." Taehyung's dad said as he took a deep breath.

This whole time that we we're sitting here I could barely breath. Everyone were trying to help me calm down but it was impossible. All I could think about is Taehyung. Jimin were trying to reassure me that it would be fine but it was impossible to believe anyone.

But I thought that all of this was very confusing. For the entire day he was fine and showed no signs of feeling bad or not acting like himself. Then all of the sudden he broke down. All I want is for him to be okay.

Two days has passed now and I was forced to go home and wait. I can't wait here. I can't relax. What if he doesn't wake up? I can't stop thinking of the worst case scenario. The doctors hadn't said much more than on the first day.

I was trying to sleep but not succeeding. I grabbed my phone and went into photos. There I saw all of the photos me and Taehyung had been taking. I stopped at one and just looked at Taehyung.

The photo was from a few months ago

The photo was from a few months ago. Everything was completely fine and we were happy. It hurts to look at these photos now, not knowing what's wrong with Taehyung. I don't know what I would do if he never wakes up. He's only eighteen, that's way too young to die. I would do anything so that he could wake up.

Tears were streaming down my face and onto my pillow. I miss him so much. I hugged my other pillow and imagined that it was Taehyung. I ended up falling asleep after trying for so long. The next morning I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were swollen and I was much paler than usual. I decided to take a shower to clear my mind. Then I went downstairs to eat breakfast with my mom, Hoseok's dad and Hoseok. Hoseok looked over at me.

"Want to watch a movie after breakfast?" he asked.

"Sure" I responded and ate my breakfast.

I knew that Hoseok was trying to help me and I really appreciate it. We walked into the living room and started watching a random movie. After the movie was over I decided to go for a walk. I put on my shoes and walked out into the sunny midday. People were walking around whilst laughing and couples were out on dates. It hurt to look at them when I know that Taehyung is in the hospital. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for a walk? I walked home.