Twenty Nine

—————————

* Q: Who do you like better?
TODOROKI OR DABI? Tell me why :)
—————————

Cherry | 29 | Blossoms

🌸

After her night had been packed with nightmares of Dabi and Chisaki, Y/N hadn't been looking forward to going on a 'date' with Kaminari the next morning, but she couldn't break her promise, and she couldn't take it out on Kaminari either. He'd been such a good friend to her, and she really wanted to meet his high school friends—she just wasn't sure she'd be the best company.

Even so, she'd woken up early, and taken the bus to the address Kaminari had sent to her. Strangely enough, Chisaki had left early in the morning. For some odd reason, he'd been leaving during the weekends, which he didn't use to do. Y/N knew better than to question what he was up to—probably something she shouldn't be sticking her nose into.

The place Kaminari had chosen for them to meet up at was about forty minutes away from UA, and twenty away from One For All. It was a small café that was adjacent to an arcade and opposite of some kind of festival people were having. Y/N wasn't sure what the theme was or the reason why they were having one during one of the coldest days of the month.

Y/N tugged her jacket closer to her body. The streets were crowded, but at least the flow of the crowd was directed towards the festival and Y/N could easily maneuver her way around them.

Glancing around, Y/N regretted wearing such light clothes. Compared to others, who were walking down the sidewalk, she was underdressed. She'd thrown on a maroon turtle neck that had an opening right above her chest, and exposed more skin that she was comfortable with. She'd matched it with a black skirt that reached her knees, but was sucking the air out of her. She'd gone with boots at least and had managed to find an okay looking black jacket to throw on top. But it wasn't very thick, so she could feel the winter breeze against her skin.

Y/N shivered. She'd had no other option than to wear such an outfit. She didn't have any other presentable clothes and Kaminari had texted her to look 'cute.' She didn't have the vaguest idea what that even meant. Y/N had thrown on the first thing she thought looked good, had even fixed her hair, smacked on some mascara, eyeliner and gloss. Kaminari really didn't make her life easy either.

Y/N brought her hands to her mouth and blew into them to make them warmer as she walked. It was close to ten in the morning, but the sun wasn't out and the skies were murked by dark clouds. The wind whistled passed her ears and her lashes fluttered again the breeze. Her cheeks had turned a rosy pink, but it wasn't just because of the cold anymore.

As Y/N approached the small café, she put on her best smile she could when she spotted Kaminari. He was wearing jeans and a large black coat with dark buttons aligning some of the sides. He was typing something on his phone, but when he noticed her he smiled and waved at her.

But Y/N wasn't looking at him. Her gaze had turned to the others standing beside him. Her mouth gaped open in surprise when she saw familiar faces. There was some small guy with purple hair Y/N didn't know, but Uraraka was beside him with a cozy jumper and an oversized coat. Midoriya was to her right in a black sweater and jeans.

Y/N's breath caught in her throat when her eyes landed on Shouto. He was holding his phone in one hand and a carry out tray with what looked like two coffee's in them. His soft hair was disheveled in a natural way, he wore a dark jacket with a white shirt underneath and a pair of black jeans. His face was muffled into a dark red scarf he had around his neck. His eyes were as piercing as ever, but they contrasted against the slight rosy pink shade his cheeks had taken over. The slight bruising on his face was almost completely gone.