Sixty Eight

*Please read with discretion.

Cherry | 68 | Blossoms

🌸

Her grip on the gun tightened. "What are you talking about?"

Chisaki took a step back, his face passive, like he knew she wouldn't shoot him. "I'm sure you ran into my men before. I heard one of them talked, I'm just not too sure how much."

She narrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Your men?"

"I sent them after your little boyfriend there. They came back with bullet wounds, and one of them had to be dragged back." He snapped his fingers. "Magne. That was her name. She swore she only mentioned Gene K to you. But of course, we couldn't have a blabber mouth in the organization, so we had to cut her throat."

Y/N could feel every last hair on her body stand. "You...sent those thugs after Shouto? We almost died...because of one of your men?"

"Oh, no. If it had truly been one of my men you would've been dead." He pointed at Dabi who was looking at the ground. "They belonged to this idiots squad. Apparently, he grew a liking to you so he sent out a wide spread message that no one could lay their hands on you." He laughed. "Look how that turned out."

"I don't understand," Y/N started. "What does all of this black market stuff and Kisan and Gene K have in common? You're not making any sense."

Chisaki groaned in disgust. "I hate that you spit questions out like bullets."

"You said we would wait," Dabi cut in, suddenly acting like there really wasn't a gun pointed at him.

Chisaki countered with, "I never promised anything."

"She's not ready to know. He said she shouldn't—"

"I don't fucking care what he says!" Chisaki's face was red as he spoke. "All he does is run his mouth but I don't see any outcomes."

"Stop talking!" Y/N screamed. Her head was like a ping pong ball going back and forth. "Explain everything to me—"

"—you don't want that—" Dabi tried interrupting once more, but she ignored him.

"—don't leave anything out," she continued. "I have a right to know about what's going on."

"I don't think you have any rights per say," Chisaki hummed. "But I'd love to see the look on your face after I tell you this."

"Don't," Dabi tried again, his turquoise eyes looked almost beastly.

"You heard her. This is her decision. She wants to know." Chisaki countered smugly.

"She doesn't know what she'll be getting herself into!"

"Just because you had a meltdown when you found out doesn't mean she'll react the same way."

"Stop," Y/N had managed to inch closer to Shouto, but Chisaki and Dabi were still too in the way for her to manage to cut him loose. She really didn't care for what Chisaki had to say. All she wanted was to get her boyfriend and get the hell out. "Your arguing is causing me a migraine."

"Then you finally understand how I feel when I listen to all your damn questions," Chsaki retorted. "There's something that's been kept from you, and honestly I'm getting fucking sick and tired of keeping it secret," he continued. "I created you."

"You keep saying that," she refuted hastily. "You've always said I was your pet."

"But I really did." He leaned back on one of the empty tables in the lab. "Gene K stands for the Kisan Gene, or the 'killer' gene. I know Magne let a few things slip out, and this idiot, Dabi, took you to spy on the foreigners we made a deal with, but you don't really know what this is all about." He crossed his arms over his chest. "This Gene isn't easy to make. It takes specific DNA codes, sequences, from special individuals in order to make it. For example, if you want to have perfect hair into the sequence, you have to take the code from someone with the hair you want."