Fifty Three

Cherry | 53 | Blossoms

🌸

"What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing. That's the problem. Nothing is wrong with her."

It was the voices again. They were overflowing her unconscious. She wanted to reach out with her hand and grab them —

"You mean...?"

"She's what he wanted."

"...as in?"

"She's truly a monster now."

—but they simply shriveled at her touch.

Her head felt foggy as she came to. When she opened her eyes she realized she was inside of a car. The warmth that surrounded her was from the heaters and the blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

"Are you up?"

Y/N turned to her left to see Dabi leisurely looking over at her while he drove, like he hadn't just kidnapped her or anything.

"You!" Y/N tried reaching for him, but he stopped her with one look.

"If you do anything, we'll both die." He sighed. "I really didn't want to do this, but you had that Todoroki scum around you all the time that I didn't have a chance to approach you before."

"Why am I here?" she demanded. "Why did you kidnap me?"

"I didn't kidnap you," he answered. "If that blond friend of yours and Todoroki hadn't gotten in the way, we could have avoided all of this."

"You used chloroform on me!"

"I apologize for that," he made a wincing noise. "I know how you are, you would've struggled the whole way and I honestly don't have time for that today."

"Dabi, why the hell have you kidnapped me? Because that's what you've done—you've kidnapped me!" She glared at him. "Is this what you did to Shouto's family too? Take them by force?"

Dabi's eyes widened at her comment, but then he started laughing. "Is that what he said? He said I kidnapped—hah! He really is something else, isn't he?"

"What do you mean?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. "Did you or did you not kidnap his family?"

Dabi gave her an almost menacing side glance. "What if I did? What would you do?"

For some reason, Y/N felt pained by his answer. "Why would you do that?"

"You're getting way over your head with Todoroki's business. I'm surprised you even know this much."

"You need to let his family go."

"What if I don't have them?" Dabi inquired with a lift of his eyebrows. "What if he's lying to you?"

"Todoroki would never—"

"—has he even told you about his family? Why he lives alone? Why his father is out of the picture?"

"I—I, I mean—"

"—why he was ambushed in that alley?"

Y/N froze at his words. "H-how do you know about that?"

"There are a lot of things that I know." He gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. "And a lot of things I wish I didn't know. As to whether I kidnapped Todoroki's family is up for questioning. It also all depends on whether you believe I did or didn't."