chapter one

lost: (of a person) very confused or insecure or in great difficulties.

chapter one

Sakiya Naomi's POV

It's been 2 years since my boyfriend, my soul mate, my love of my life, my baby's father was killed on his own block. I remember it like it was yesterday.

It was 3 am and Sakiya had got a phone call. It was  Promise Hospital of Dallas. The lady on the phone told Sakiya her boyfriend of almost 10 years had got shot and died once they reached the hospital.

Sakiya dropped to her knees sobbing, before hanging up the phone. She was 16 weeks, they had just found out she was having a baby boy.

Sakiya couldn't believe the news she received. She screamed loudly, "God why would you take him from me?"

It was a matter of time, before her housekeeper and future nanny rushed into the room, "What's wrong baby?"

"Brandon died." She choked out.

"Oh my god." Linda sobbed, making her cry even more.

Sakiya sunk to the floor and cried. Cried, screamed, kicked, punched.

Sakiya pulled herself together and put her hair into a pony tail, threw on a sweater and got into her G Wagon. His Ferrari missing from the garage made her so sick. Her housekeeper Linda was in the passenger seat.

Linda spoke positive words to her the whole ride there but she couldn't believe it. Brandon's mother called and talked to her too as she drove there also.

"Tu eres fuerte." She said, "te quiero." She added.

She told her that she was strong and that she loved her, over and over.

Sakiya felt her baby boy flutter.

She pulled up to the emergency and didn't even park. Pulled up, hopped out the car and closed the door. She was met with Bibby's mom.

Bibby was Brandon's street name. He ran the south side of Dallas. He was THEE kingpin.

They couldn't have imagined who would've killed him, because he was pretty cool with everyone. He was loved. He always made sure the people around him were straight.

She wrapped her arms around Sakiya, "I'm so sorry baby."

"No mom, I'm sorry." I said, sobbing.

The doctors allowed them to go back to the room. When Sakiya saw his body, her heart sank. She let his mom hug and see him first, as she stood behind her watching.

"Baby..." She cried, holding onto his lifeless body.

She cried and cried. Nothing could prepare her for this.

"Promise to watch over me and lil man forever." Sakiya whispered, as she ran her hand through his curls, still sobbing.

After awhile, his mom left the room and Herb came in. Herb was Bibby's best friend. They had been friends since birth, moms were close friends, played basketball together... trapped together.. probably shot some shit up together. They were each other's ride or dies.

"Sis I'm so sorry." He said, as he wrapped his arms around Sakiya and hugged me tightly.

"No, I'm sorry. You lost your best friend, your rider." Sakiya squeezed him tightly. He started to cry a little. She rubbed his back.

That night was full of nothing but tears. I didn't sleep. I was up till 10 am. I was up trying to put 2 and 2 together, who could be after him? Who wanted him dead? I re-read our text messages, I scrolled through my camera roll, I re-read his old tweets. I missed my man so much. It was a terrible feeling.

__________________________

OH OHHHHH, back again!

Y'all turn me up and let me know what you think. I've been hella inspired lately and been feeling Dave East so let's get into it! Just starting out, so 5 votes, 5 comments?

Herb and Bibby pictured above.