chapter twenty five

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

twenty-five

Sakiya's POV

I woke up to the smell of waffles or pancakes. I couldn't tell, but it smelled up the whole convo. I pulled myself off the bed and checked my phone. Herb had called me twice. I figured I had got hot in my sleep, because my windbreaker and pants were on the floor. I was just in a thong and my black crop top. It was now 11:30. I immediately called Herb back.

"Hello?" I said, as the line picked up.

"Where you at? You good?" He asked, by this time Dave had walked in the bed room and went to the bathroom. Shit.

"Yeah. I'm good I'm at Dave's house right now. I just woke up." I said, palming my face.

"Oh okay, shit you had me worried when you ain't come home but Linda said you be staying with him sometime." Herb said.

"Yeah I got cross faded. Whatever that new shit y'all selling is the truth. I had a wood and I drank last night." I said, getting up from the bed. I went up to Dave's window and looked out onto the balcony. You could see over downtown Dallas.

"Now Kiya, you know better than anybody you can't do that." Herb said. I thought about a time I did that, when I was in a low part of my life. After I had Junior and the money was starting to get funny.

"I know you're right. But listen tell Linda, I'll be back at home soon." I said.

"Aight I will, I might still be here myself. I'm really missing bro this week." Herb said, kinda lowly. I turned the phone down a little bit so Dave couldn't hear the conversation.

"I got you. See you soon." I said, before hanging up.

Dave had came out the bathroom. I went over to him.

"Who was that? Everything good?" He asked, as I wrapped my arms around his next.

"Yes, everything is fine. That was the infamous plug.. he said he was worried when I didn't tap back in with him last night. I told him he got that good shit." I chuckled, before kissing Dave.

He laughed too, "He really do though. I need his shit in NY.. for when I go back."

"If I would've drank, me and you both would've been screwed." Dave added.

"I appreciate you a lot. You so real." I said, looking him into his eyes.

He kissed me, "Anything for my girl."

"So we for real now?" I asked. He always introduced me as his girl but never actually called me it.

"We been for real, when you met my moms and pops in the club. I told them then, you was my girl. We really been real since that LA trip.. when you put it d-" He laughed.

"Okay okay. I get it." I laughed. The first time we had sex, I went crazy on him.

"I gotta finish up breakfast." He said, before slapping my ass.

"Okay, I'm about to take a shower." I said.

I went in his bathroom and brushed my teeth, then hopped in the shower. I did all my hygiene stuff, before getting out. Thankfully my frontal was still in tact, but I took down the half up hair style and went for a ponytail instead.

I was went in the kitchen and I saw him there, putting the breakfast in containers. I was feening. I wanted to fuck him right then and there.

"I need to borrow some of your clothes." I said, grabbing his attention.