chapter seventeen

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter seventeen

Sakiya's POV

I called Diamontè and told her everything.

"So you're really going to go to LA with him?" She asked on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, I mean it should be nice. I haven't been on vacation yet. Plus if I really want to be serious with this guy I gotta get to know him." I shrugged, as if she could see me.

"You're right it's just like wow a baecation already, this is soon." She said back.

"Think of it as... I'm going on the road with him while he promotes his new mixtape. Besides you know I could make some real money in LA while I'm there." I said back, thinking about the Ace of Diamonds Club.

"You're right... uh I'm just nervous for you. How do you feel about leaving Junior?"

"You know I'm torn. I really am. I don't wanna do it," I replied.

"I just don't get why you won't tell him Sakiya. He has a child too. He wouldn't mind." She said back.

"It's different though, when it's a girl. There's a double standard. If I tell him he'll probably think I'm still messing with his dad or something," I said.

"I don't think it's like that. But you know whatever is in the dark, will come to the light." She said. I rolled my eyes, because that's something I always said.

~

Dave's POV

It was the morning of our flight and I was picking her up in an Uber. I didn't want to have my car, sitting at the airport all weekend. I texted her and told her I was outside. She replied with "Otw" and came out 5 minutes later. She had on some biker shorts, a brown hoodie with her hair tied and her hood on her head. She had a small what look like was a duffle bag. I really fw her, because I hate a bitch that overpack.

I got out the car and greeted her.

"Morning!" I said.

"Hey, good morning." She said, pecking my lips. It low key caught me off guard. But I couldn't front like I didn't want to kiss her either.

We put her bag in the trunk, before both getting in the backseat.

"So, you excited? It's almost that time." She said, referring to the mixtape as we drove off.

"Yeah, I'm proud of this project. I'm ready for everyone to see it. I hate it could have came out sooner."

"Hey, everything happens for a reason." She said. She was right. I liked Sakiya, because she was always so positive. She never was on no negative type shit.

I rolled one in the Uber real quick, before we made it to the airport. I couldn't have this on me.

I sparked it and puffed a couple times, before offering it to her.

She looked up from her phone, "Boy you a fool." She said, before taking it.

Sakiya's POV

I was texting Herb when Dave held the blunt to me.

I honestly needed it. My anxiety was at an all time high. Herb said he had got word it may be some trouble on the way and to be careful. It kinda freaked me out, because my mind started wandering like what if East wasn't who he said he was?