chapter forty seven

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties

chapter forty seven

Dave's POV

I was in the studio with the guys and Cliff again. The label had me working over time but I wasn't mad at it. I ain't have no time to be lazy. I had to get this next project out kinda quick.

I had recorded 5 songs in this session.

I was too zooted. We had the weed and champagne on rotation.

I promoted my homie Cliff to my assistant and still kept Rod as my manager.

It wasn't on no boss him around type shit. I was just paying him now for all his help. Cliff was my guy.

We took a lunch break, which left me and Cliff. The homie Trey was there too hanging out.

"So, I need yah help." I said.

"It gotta do with Sakiya." Trey said.

"Of course." I said.

"What's up now?" Cliff asked.

"I don't know bro, after Christmas. I'm really falling in love with this chick." I said, puffing on my blunt.

"I could've told you that shit." Trey laughed.

"Whatever. Yah niggas think you really know me." I said.

"You moving her down here ain't you?" Cliff asked.

"She pregnant ain't she?" Trey asked.

"Yes, I asked her to move down here, and no she ain't pregnant. Yah finna blow my fucking high." I said, puffing harder.

"My bad.. you all lovey dovey." Trey said.

"I just.. I want everything to be in New York. I'm tired of doing that back and forth shit." I said.

"That's understandable... you've been spending hella money on plane tickets." Cliff said.

"Exactly," I said.

"But she got her whole family there too and a kid." Trey said.

"That's true too." I said.

"Maybe y'all should give it more time. Maybe once y'all hit that one year mark." Cliff said.

"Heard you." I said, as I puffed on my wood.

"Let me get back in this booth. Yah got my ideas going crazy." I chuckled.

"I Found Keisha." I scribbled in the paper.

"I just got the email from the label.. release party is weekend after next in the city." Cliff said.

"We liveeeee!" Trey said.

"Fasho!" I said, dapping my niggas.

I couldn't wait to celebrate with my family.

~

11:00 pm

Sakiya's POV

I was at work, once again. Another day, another dollar.

Tonight I was wearing a pink glitter 2 piece that I had got from the sex store with the matching glitter heels.

I shook on some extra body glitter in the mirror before my set.

I had a terrible headache, but I needed the money.