chapter thirteen

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter thirteen

Dave's POV

It was 7:15. I was finally ready for my date with shorty. I spritzed some cologne, before setting my alarm and hitting the door. She sent me her address and it was about an hour away. I was going to try and make it there sooner though. She wasn't in Dallas exactly, but in Frisco, Texas.

I didn't mind though, because I didn't have shit to do anyway. The mixtape was damn near done and it was almost time for me to head back to New York.

To: Asian

"Otw. Bout 45 mins out."

From: Asian

"K. See you soon."

She was so hard to read. I couldn't figure out how she felt or if she was feeling me or not. Maybe I was thinking too far ahead. Besides I haven't seen her out the strip club.

I turned on my radio and played some of the songs I had been working on, before jumping the freeway. I rode around in a white Maybach that one of my niggas let me borrow. He played for the Mavericks. Real cool peoples.

I was halfway there when my BM, Rita called.

"Hello?" I said, answering the FaceTime.

"Where you at?" She asked.

"Well damn hello to you too." I chuckled.

"I'm just out, riding the city." I added.

"Mmmm." She said.

"Well.. I just wanted to see what you were up to and see if you wanted to see Kairi before I put her to bed." Rita said, rolling her eyes.

"Put her on the phone." I said.

She put the camera on my baby girl. She was 2 now and growing so fast.

"Say good night daddy." Rita coo'd.

"Da-da... da-da." Kairi said. She always said dada. We were still working on the whole daddy.

"Good night mama." I said, looking into my camera at the stop light.

"Ni-night." She said, before pushing the camera away.

"Well.. I guess that means she's done." Rita let out a small laugh.

"Mmhm. Well.. I should get goin-" I trailed off, as I neared the house. I didn't want to pass it.

"I miss you Dave." Rita said, bluntly.

I sat there stunned for a minute.

"Well Kairi misses you rather.." She trailed off.

"Tell my baby I'll be back soon. Tuesday, I promise and I'm taking ya out." I said back. I tried to ignore her saying she missed me.

"Okay. I will. See you soon. I love you." Rita said.

"Heard juu. Night." I said, before hanging up the FaceTime.

Shit was complicated between us. I loved Rita, but she wasn't the one for me and she knew that. Yeah yeah we had sex occasionally but she knew what it was. Ever since I was in Dallas more working on music, she always wanted to call and say she loved me here and there. She knew what it was though.

I pulled up to the house and I couldn't believe it. My jaw dropped. It was an elaborate mansion. A silver Ferrari in the drive way and a G Wagon. It was all white with an orange roof.