chapter twenty eight

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties

twenty eight

Sakiya's POV

Miami had been so great so far. We had been at the beach all day, just kickin it. Junior loved the water. He was just like his daddy. Bibby loved the beach. We stayed going to Florida every time shit got hot in Texas.

I felt his presence more than ever in Florida. It felt like he was there with us on the beach.

I missed him so much, it was hitting hard, especially because Herb was grieving. Bibby's birthday was in December. He would've been 25, so of course we was all feeling it.

Herb and I stayed back and talked while Southside and Resha took the kids to the water.

"Sakiya, I miss my brother." Herb said, looking up at the sky.

"I know, I miss him too. I know he's here with us though." I sighed.

"I need a blunt." I laughed, wiping away a tear before it fell.

"I second that." Herb laughed.

"But thank you for real Sakiya for this trip. I needed a change of scenery. I was tired of being in Dallas, looking at dope all day." Herb said.

"I left you some money on your dresser too when you get back to the crib." He said.

"Herb you ain't have too." I said, playfully shoving him.

"Naw for real. I know I can't pay your ass back for all of this, no telling how much you spent but I got some of it." He said.

"Thank you. You a real one." I said, dapping with him.

I hadn't talked to Dave since the morning, before we left so I shot him a text.

To: East 💙

"Hey, just wanted to say hey and check on Kairi. I hope she's doing better. I've been praying for her. Sorry I've been MIA. I haven't really been on the phone. I'm doing a lot of reflecting this trip."

He replied back quick.

From: East 💙

"Thanks ma. She's doing better. She should be leaving the hospital tonight, hopefully. You good, I understand. Enjoy your vacation."

To: East 💙

"Thank you. I miss you! 😩"

From: East 💙

"🤣 i miss you too ma. I'll be back in Dallas when you get back."

To: East 💙

"Word? 👀"

From: East 💙

"Yes ma'am 😌"

To: East 💙

"Well I can't waitttttt 👅"

From: East 💙

"You can, you on vacation. Don't rush it. You deserve it."

He was right.

To: East 💙

"Truuuuu"

From: East 💙

"Send me some pictures too! Since you not posting 😒"