chapter eight

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter 8

Sakiya Naomi's POV

After my baby hit 9 months old, life became a slippery slope. The money started to run out and I could no longer afford to keep up our huge house, the G Wagon and Ferrari note. Let alone pay Linda. Not only was I keeping up my house.. but Mrs. Dickerson's house also.

Bibby left us money.. and we were straight but it wasn't enough to live off of forever.

The price of pampers, formula, new clothes everything was too much. The drug business even slowed down for Herb. He had to open a car shop to keep up with his lifestyle as well. They took a big loss with that Cash drama. Shit hasn't been right since Bibby died.

I had to find a job and find a job quick.

One day, I sat down and weighed out all my options. I looked over at my baby boy as he was sleeping in his rocker.

I had to make it for him. I wanted him to have the most perfect life and I wasn't settling for anything less.

I mapped out a plan. Seeing what bills were the most expensive and how I could downsize on them.

First I noticed was my G Wagon and the Ferrari. It wasn't in me to sell Bibby's car, because I still felt like he was here with me when it was parked in the garage.. so I traded my Wagon for an AMG Benz car.

After narrowing the cars down.. I realized there was no reason for me to be in a 5 bed room house when it was just me and my baby. Of course everyone came to visit but it wasn't an everyday thing. The pool was a lot to keep up, the gaming room... the guest house. It was all too much.

I felt bad for trying to get rid of things Bibby worked hard for but I had a baby.. and my baby gotta eat.

After talking to Herb.. he didn't want me to get rid of it... instead he offered to finish paying it off. Which was nice and he did.

I finally came to the conclusion that I want to keep up this life style... and the other only option was stripping.

In high school I was a dancer and a basketball player, standing 5'10. I knew that stripping couldn't be bad...

So, I had Tasha put me on at her old club where she used to bartend. King of Diamonds Dallas.

I got the job easily. The owner loved my look and how tall I was. He named me Asian Persuasion. I fuck with it. I mean I was half Japanese and half Black.

2 years later...

July 28th, 2018

Sakiya Naomi's POV

Tell me....
Tell me, is it love, is it love again? Oo-ooh

I walked around the club, red bang wig, with matching red exotic outfit, with my tall silver heels.

Big Ole Freak by Megan Thee Stallion blasted through the speakers.

I had performed earlier, but now I was on the floor. It was a slow Thursday night. No one really came out on Thursday. It was just birthday parties and bachelorette parties. Nothing major, but I was busting my ass working over time. Junior's 2nd birthday was coming up and I wanted it to be more epic than the first. Everyone was coming in town. My house was about to be a movie.

"Aye bitch.. let me get a refill." A man stopped me, dead in my tracks as I walked across the floor.

"I ain't no bitch, bitch and I'm not a bottle girl. Ask one of them hoes with the matching outfits to get you, your refill." I spat back.