chapter sixteen

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter sixteen

Sakiya's POV

It's been 2 weeks, since we went on our date. East has been in New York, doing promo for his tape. It drops in 3 more weeks. At the first of September. My mom was back in Japan, which I was honestly glad for, because she was driving me crazy. Linda was back, so of course I had to catch her up on everything.

"Ah mami got a new papi. I see, I see." Linda said.

"We aren't official yet. Just dating, I'm not trying to serious. I keep thinking about Brandon and I———"

"It's been two años mami, almost three. He would want you to be happy." Linda said, her accent thick. Sometimes she would mix her English with Spanish, because she wouldn't know the English word for it.

"I know, that's what everybody keeps telling me but I can't shake him from my mind when I'm on dates and stuff. Then when I slept over at his house, I got freaked out and left." I ranted.

"Oh mami, you gotta live and little and open up to him. Ask him on a date this time around." She said.

"Alright, I will. He's in New York right now. I don't know when he'll be back. He's about to put out a mixtape." I said.

"Call him, or do that fancy chatear en video." Linda said.

"Girl FaceTime!" I laughed.

"I never know what you, young people call it." She laughed too.

"I hear ya." I said.

"Well I'm going to start getting ready for work. I bathed Junior so he should be getting sleepy." I said.

"Go ahead honey. I got him. I missed y'all so much." Linda exclaimed.

"We missed you too!" I smiled, as I turned to go upstairs.

It was a Friday night so I knew it would be crazy. I hopped in the shower and washed with my infamous vanilla and coconut body wash. Today I went for my silver, pastel hair vibe with a glitter eye look. I was going to wear a silver outfit to match. The theme was glitz and glam, so everyone was going to be wearing some type of sparkle.

I laid down my frontal and did a couple baby hairs, before tying them down with some edge wrap. Then I started on my makeup.

I was ready in about an hour. I put on my grey hoodie over my outfit and headed to Junior's room. Linda was there, in the rocking chair as he laid on her.

"Mommy loves you so much bubba." I said, kissing his face. He looked up at me, before closing his eyes.

"Well, he's definitely sleep now." Linda joked.

"Yep. Thank you so much! I'll see you later on tonight, if you aren't sleep." I said, as she put him in his bed.

"I may, this jet lag is getting to me." She said.

"Alright," I smiled.

"Have a good night at work mami!" She said.

"I will!" I said, I went downstairs and went out through the garage.

I got in my truck and sped to work. I was kinda late.

I turned on the radio.

"It's ya girl Nina Simone and I got that new Dave East right here on Hip Hop Nation. Here's Perfect.. featuring Chris Brown."