chapter forty six

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties

chapter forty six

mid January

Sakiya's POV

The holidays were over so it was back to business as usual. Southside and Herb back to the trap. Dave back in New York working with the label. Resha was almost done with nursing school, she was going to graduate this spring. Diamontè and her man were on some island again, I don't know. Then of course, me, back to the club.

I was going to the sex store today, to try and find a new outfit or two. I wanted to switch it up.

Linda was back home, thankfully. She made it back safe from her trip. She brought home so much stuff from Mexico.

Junior sat on my lap, as I laid down my wig. Today I went for my black bob.

I just loved my wigs.

"Bubba, you want to go get ice cream today?" I asked.

"Yes mama." He said.

"Okay. Mommy has to run one errand then I'll be back for ice cream." I said, doing the baby hair.

He nodded.

While he was sitting still, after I did my hair, I put his hair into two braids.

"Ok let's go downstairs with Linda." I said, picking him up.

We went downstairs and Linda was cleaning the living room from the holidays.

My house was glitter and dust combined right now.

"Hey Linda.. do you mind watching Junior? I'm going to make an adult store run real quick... but I'll be back." I said.

"Si mami." She said, stopping her cleaning. She went to wash her hands, before she took Junior from me.

I grabbed my coat and my keys and went through the garage.

The nearest store was about an hour out. I lived in Plano, not the heart of Dallas so I had some driving to do. My favorite one to be exact was an hour 30, it was in downtown Dallas.

I just cut on my music and went for the drive.

I was riding for about 20 minutes when Dave called. I accepted it on my Bluetooth.

I waited for it to connect.

"Baby girl, what's up with you?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just running some errands." I said.

"Where you gotta go?" He asked.

"I'm about to go to the sex store.. and pick up a couple of pieces." I said.

"You ready for me to come back in town, ain't you?" He laughed.

"Nice try." I laughed, "No I actually just need a couple of new outfits for the club. I'm starting to get bored."

"Mmm. When do you work again?" Dave asked.

"Tonight." I said.

"Dang, you wasting no time getting back to work." He said.

"I never stopped really. I've been on the go go go." I said, still driving.

"Hmmm." Dave said.

"Yeah?" I said in confusion.

It was quiet for a minute.

"What you got up on this beautiful Friday?" I asked.

"Studio.. studio... more studio." Dave said.