chapter twelve

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter twelve

Friday night..

Sakiya's POV

I went up to the bar to get a drink from my girl Tasha. She was back bartending in KOD. She said she missed the atmosphere and she needed the extra cash.

She turned around, flipping her ash blonde wand curls.

"Asian, whatchu want girl?" She said, fixing the taps.

"You know my usual. I need 3 shots of Patron." I said back.

"Coming right up." She said.

She turned to pour them up, getting a lime and salt.

"You wilding tonight." She said, sliding them over.

"Girl you know I don't like dancing on these old ass men." I said. "JP got me working on this floor." I added.

JP was the owner of King of Diamonds. He was a young guy, Nigerian, invested the money that his dad left him when he passed away. He was cool ass boss. He never really asked me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with and was real supportive and helpful when it came to keep my identity on the low low.

JP was cool with Bibby. He's where he got his drugs from. They were also business partners at one point when Bibby owned a sports bar as his cover up.

I threw back all the shots, before sucking the lime.

"Ahh shit." I chuckled, as the tequila burned my throat.

"It's been a minute ain't it?" Tasha said.

I nodded, "I been a Belarie girl lately."

"And who the hell got you on that expensive Belarie?" She asked, wiping down the counter top.

"Ooo about that." I said, remembering I hadn't told my best friend anything.

"Girl... lemme find out you fuckin' on a scamming ass, rich ass nigga." Tasha said, gripping on the bar, twerking.

"Owwwww! Not yet at least." I laughed.

"Bitch who is the charming young man that has pulled you back on the dating scene?" Tasha asked.

"We aren't dating, but I do have a date after Junior's birthday party tomorrow." I said.

"Hit me with another shot girl." I added, licking the salt rim of the previous shot glass.

"Ok I got you girl." She said, pouring up two more.

"Ooo nice. Where y'all going?" Tasha asked.

"That's the thing I don't know." I shrugged.

"Girl, you lacking details! What he look like? His name? Where you meet him?" Tasha said, excitedly.

"He told me his name is East. He tall, light skin. I met him here about two weeks ago. His Instagram is like davideast, i don't know." I shrugged it off.

"Bitch he rap?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Omg my little brother listen to him! His name Dave East. He's from New York. You know how we do." Tasha said, flipping her hair. Tasha was from New York.

"Girl, I need Andrè to tell me the tea." I said, flipping my hair. I wore my blonde wig to my waist.

"You know he will. You his girl." Tasha chuckled.