chapter forty nine

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties

forty nine

Sakiya's POV

I was back at Dave's house. I was staying a little
bit longer than my family, since we did just find out we were pregnant.

Him finding out was just emotional as fuck.

We still haven't had the conversation yet.

It was awkward in his house. Not in a way that we were mad at each other, but more like damn this just happened.

I laid in Dave's bed, facing the window. I looked out to the view of his pool.

It was an elephant in the room. More so, an elephant in the house.

I didn't know how to feel. I wanted to be excited but Bibby echoed in the back of my mind.

I couldn't stop thinking about him, or what he was thinking of me.

The more I thought about it, the more I felt myself get sick. I rushed to the bathroom and threw up again.

I didn't know how the hell I was going to go back to work.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, before going back into the bedroom. I laid down.

Dave walked into the bedroom, after sitting outside on the balcony. Dave crashed on the bed next to me.

"Baby, we gotta talk about this." He said, as he rubbed my thigh.

"You okay?" He asked.

No.

A tear went down again, before I quickly wiped it.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Sakiya, no you are not." Dave said.

"Talk to me." He said. I ignored him.

"Sakiya.." Dave said, as he rubbed my leg.

I rolled over, so I was facing him.

"David, I have a lot to think about." I said.

"I have to figure out what to do with my house, Linda, and I still take care of Brandon's mother." I added.

"Then my job.." I sighed.

"What about the Doctor? Have you been yet?" He asked.

I nodded, "I'm six weeks." I couldn't help but smile. As stressed as I was, I had a new life inside of me which was a huge blessing.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier!" Dave exclaimed, putting his hand on my stomach.

"I wanted to tell you in person." I said.

"Plus, on my appointment next week, I get to hear the heart beat sooo, I wanted you to be there." I added.

"Ma, this is major." Dave said, before kissing my forehead.

I nodded.

"As far as the house, Linda, all of that. We just gotta take it a day at a time." Dave said.

"Then, it's no rush completely on you moving up here." Dave added

"I want to have the baby here in New York. That ain't no question." I said.

Dave nodded.

"First, I gotta talk to my job, then once that's figured out. I'm good, I can figure out the house Linda and all of that." I said.