chapter twenty one

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter twenty one

Houston, TX

Sakiya Naomi's POV

As I awaited for the smoke to clear in Dallas, I went to stay with my sister in Houston. While I was there, I worked a couple nights.

Today was my last day in Houston, because over the course of a week I've collected on 50 thousand dollars. Houston had them ballers for real. I was now at 250K. I had one week to come up with the other half. Herb and Southside was working out some stuff so they could put in too, after all they did still run the business.

I was packing the last minute stuff while Diamontè was on the bed playing with Junior.

"Are you sure you're going to be good sis?" She asked, looking over at me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm going to just get the money together and have Herb give it to Buns." I shrugged.

"Alright, well if you need to come back I'm here." She said.

I nodded. I finished packing up my things and while Diamontè's boyfriend Justin loaded up my truck for me. I was going to be driving back. I wanted to fly, but I didn't want to be flying with so much money on me.

I went on Snapchat and saw Dave post of his daughter.

I missed him so much. I was watching the countdown till his mixtape on social media, everyone was going crazy. I was going to try my best to get shit cleared, so I could hit him up. I was so conflicted.

"Alright sis, I got you all packed up. Junior's car seat is buckled in too." Justin said, as he handled me by keys.

"Thank you so much." I smiled.

I hugged both Justin and Diamontè.

"I appreciate y'all so much. I'll keep you posted and let you know how everything goes." I said, hugging both of them.

They hugged me and Junior before I got in my truck and drove off. I had about a 3 hour drive back home, but I was ready for it. I had my coffee so I was good.

The whole drive back I was vibing to Nipsey, when something dawned on me.

I had a flashback of Bibby, mid drive. I remembered how he would stash extra money in his mom's house, in the floor boards. The guest room had a secret bottom.

I was half way back to Dallas when I called his mom, she picked up immediately.

"Hey sweetie!" Mrs. Dickerson said.

"Hey mom, I gotta talk to you..." I trailed off.

Dave's POV

I was at the crib with Kairi. It was my week to have her. Rita was on some other shit. She told me she had to leave for work. Rita sold insurance and she was a bartender, but from time to time she'd go to other bigger cities and do hostings.