chapter six

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter six

Sakiya's Naomi's POV

5 months later...

After the arrests were made and knowing they were locked up the days got easier. It was hard knowing that my baby boy wouldn't know his dad or even know how excited his dad was for him to come into the world.

But overall, it got easier knowing that Brandon was at peace. He was out of this fucked up world. He was too real, too pure for this world anyway.

Herb took over the drug empire. Herb and his girl Tasha were working hard to keep it together and to recover after the lost they took because of Cash. I helped them sometimes. Overall, they did most of the work, while I ran some errands, selling grams here and there. I got a percentage of the profits that were made.

Herb was doing well. He moved their headquarters to another location and burned down where Bibby was killed. It was boomin' too. I wasn't mad at him.

I was now 9 months. My baby was growing more and more each day. I decided to name him Brandon Jr.

I reflected on my check up.

"Ms. Sakiya, the baby is looking great." The Doctor said, as he rotated the camera.

She smiled over at the monitor.

Resha held her hand.

"Awww look at Junior." Resha said, as she recorded a video of the baby kicking.

My pregnancy was hard. I can't even act it was all glitter and gold. I had morning sickness till the 7th month. My back always hurt. I couldn't sleep. I threw up everything. It was hard. But overall I was ready to hold my baby boy.

"I know right. He's ready." Sakiya chuckled.

"I'm so excited for the baby shower." Resha exclaimed. Sakiya didn't really want a baby shower, because she didn't want people to pity her or feel obligated to go, because of her situation. But Resha and Diamontè insisted she at least have a small get together to celebrate the baby.

The doctor checked to see how many centimeters she was dilated.

"You're at 3 centimeters.. you can come in when you're at 7 or 8. The goal is 10." The doctor smiled. She nodded. Sakiya couldn't believe he was almost here. The doctor left out the room to print the ultrasound photos, as Sakiya laid back on the bed.

"Man, I wish Brandon was here." She sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

"He's here with us. I promise." Resha assured her. Resha felt his presence around the times they went to the doctor.

Sakiya nodded, but Resha could tell she was upset. This day was one of the hardest. Her baby shower was after the appointment and Sakiya couldn't shake Brandon from her mind.

They left the doctor and headed home for the baby shower. Resha helped Sakiya in the car, swollen feet and all.

While they were at the doctor, Brandon's mom, Diamontè, Linda and Tasha decorated the house for her.

When they pulled up to the house, Sakiya noticed everybody's cars in the driveway

"Oh my gosh. What y'all got up?" She chuckled.

"Just come inside!" Resha said, as she turned off the car, as they went in. The mailbox had blue balloons. Sakiya cringed when she walked through the garage and saw Brandon's Ferrari there. It was like he never left.

When she walked in, she saw the fireplace decorated, gifts all over the floor, they had food set up.

"Y'all..." Sakiya said, tearing up.

"Omg don't cry baby." Brandon's mom said, running over to her. Sakiya started to cry.

"Thank y'all so much for this." She said.

"Awwww anytime baby sis." Diamontè said, as she hugged her.

"Y'all know I was not feeling it towards the end but this just made me so happy and excited. Like wow I'm really about to have a baby." She smiled, as a tear went down.

"I'm so happy we could do that for your Mami." Linda exclaimed.

They went on with the shower, eating, opening gifts, dancing and playing music.

They turnt ALL the way up, as they awaited Brandon Amir Dickerson Jr's arrival.

Herb and Southside even came by.

As the shower started to wind down, Mrs. Dickerson left Sakiya's house so it was just her and her girls. Tasha shortly left after with Herb. Resha, Diamontè, and Sakiya all laid up in her California King.

They watched Girls Trip, Night School, and the classic Love Don't Cost A Thing.

Sakiya started to get sad, because her and Brandon watched the movie all the time. She scrolled through her phone, looking at their old pictures.

"You okay mama?" Resha asked, rubbing her leg. She noticed Sakiya got quiet.

"Mmhm. I'm okay. Just looking at old pictures." She replied. Sakiya sat with her legs crossed, popcorn in the middle with M&M's.

Sakiya was chillin' when she felt a cramp.

"Fuuuck." She said, as she moved the popcorn from her lap.

"What's wrong?" Diamontè asked, as she sat up.

"I'm getting cramps." Sakiya said, as she scooted to the edge of the bed.

She held her stomach and bent over.

"Oh lord you're getting contractions." Resha said, as she got up. Resha immediately went to the closet and got the hospital bag out. She knew the deal.

Diamontè held her hand, "Try to stand up. Let's get some water."

As soon as Sakiya stood up, her water broke.

_________________________

I almost hit 1,000 words y'all UGH

but 👀 let me know your thoughts. how y'all think she's going to meet Dave? I'm curious to know lol

Sakiya's baby shower dress posted in the multi media.