chapter four

Lost

lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties.

chapter four

Sakiya Naomi's POV

Through the week, I didn't know how to feel. I was having to deal with the police investigating his murder. Then the whole drug empire Bibby left behind. It was stressful. I was making some of his moves, that I probably shouldn't have been doing while pregnant but I had to hold it down.

The day the funeral came I was so sick about it. I did not want to face his body, the casket, none of it. I was ready to get it over with. This was the worst feeling ever.

Sakiya Naomi sat first row of the funeral, with Brandon's mom, his cousin Resha, his grandmother and his uncle. She felt so numb. No words could describe how she felt. Her and Bibby had been together since high school, so to lose her best friend, her lover, her soul mate to gun violence was a terrible feeling.

She kept it together for her son. Her son needed her to be strong. Sakiya didn't say much, but she said a few words. Thanking the love of her life for the great times they had, thanking him for the love and everything he did for her.

Herb got up and made a heartfelt speech about their relationship. He broke down which kinda caused Sakiya to start crying.

Nothing could've prepared Sakiya for this. It happened so soon. She felt like their relationship just got started and she could never start over with someone again.

Tears went down Sakiya's face. She didn't even wipe them. Resha peeped her tears, and squeezed her tighter, "I got you sis. I love you. Ima hold it the fuck down for my cousin."

She started the funeral off strong until then. Sakiya brought herself together towards the end. She kissed the love of her life goodbye one more time, before they lowered his body into the grown. His homeboys threw black roses on top of his casket.

After the funeral, they got back into the procession and drove to Sakiya and Bibby's house.

Food, people, and flowers were everywhere. Everyone fellowshipped about his life.. shared memories, watched old videos while Sakiya sat on the couch staring into space.

She wasn't even aware of the things going on around her. She just stared, wishing she could feel Bibby's presence again, one more time.

As everyone talked and ate, she went into the kitchen and got her some water. Sakiya headed back to the living room to sit down. She was then stopped by her mother in law.

"Why are you so quiet? Are you okay?" She asked.

"Mrs. Dickinson... I'm expecting a baby boy in August." Sakiya said, softly.

The whole room went quiet. There wasn't a conversation to be had. All eyes were on Sakiya and Mrs. Dickinson.

"Baby.. I..." Mrs. Dickinson stuttered.

Sakiya nodded, "I'm going to excuse myself."

She went upstairs to their master bedroom and slammed the door shut. Resha and Diamontè tried to chase after her.

But she was too quick. They couldn't do anything.

Sakiya locked their door and had a breakdown.

That night I cried, I cried and cried. The funeral day was worst than finding out about his death itself. My daddy always told me shit like this came with him. But I never would've guessed.

While everyone was downstairs that night, I took a shower, put my hair up and went to sleep. I depended on Resha to shut the house down and get everyone out.

______________________

Short chapter, but as I stated previously it's my prom week. I just wanted to slide this in before I went MIA for the weekend lol! I got prom then Monday I start my first day on a new job.

Let me know what y'all think!

Resha is played by Yung Miami!

Y'all was guessing Cash for Clarence lol but it ain't him

I NEED ALLLLL THE FEEDBACK!

The flashbacks will stop soon, I promise.