Once Upon A Time

3rd Person Pov:
"Did you know there is a legend about a human and mermaid falling in love?" A teacher questioned. The children all responded with surprise and were interested. "Storytime!" A young girl exclaimed as she noticed the teacher took out a book. The kids all sat down in a circle as the teacher pulled up a chair to sit in. The teacher opened the book to the first page and smiled at the children as she began to read. "Once upon a time in a land known as Mobius, there lived a human named Ira." She spoke. "Hey! We live in Mobius!" A boy exclaimed and the teacher giggled as she nodded. "He always went to the beach as he found the water very calming. Yet, there is was also another reason he came there. He believed in the legend of the mermaid." The Teacher continued and a student raised their hand. "What's the legend of the mermaid?" The student asked. "The book doesn't answer that but, I will explain it. It states that every afternoon as the sun sets, a mermaid will appear on the beach to relax for a bit." The Teacher explained and flipped to the next page of the small book. "One day, Ira went to the beach and sighed after a long day of work. Suddenly, he heard someone cry for help. 'Help me!' The voice yelled." The Teacher continued as she stared at the children keeping close attention. The children never paid this much attention before so, it was a nice change. "Ira went around a huge boulder to see a human entangled in wires and ropes. When he got a closer look, he saw the other half of the human's body was a mermaid tail!" She exclaimed and all the children gasped.

"Ira was shocked but, helped the human first get out. 'Thank you, fellow human.' The mermaid spoke. Ira nodded and once the mermaid was out, it slowly slid into the ocean. Ira was still in shock as the mermaid jumped up into the water and made a splash as it returned to the water. Ira kicked at the sand and sighed, returning home." The Teacher continued, turning to the next page. "What happened to them? How did they fall in love if the mermaid went back into the water?" A student asked, raising her hand. "Patience, little ones!" The Teacher exclaimed.

"The next day, a knock was heard on Ira's door revealing another human at the door. It had the exact same features of the mermaid, he saw yesterday! 'You rescued me at the beach yesterday!' The human replied, smiling. 'You're the mermaid I mean, merman? But, you have legs!' Ira exclaimed but, either way, he let the human inside." The Teacher spoke, clutching her necklace as she read. "'In the ocean, if a human rescues you then, they are your soulmate. You are mine!' The merman explained and smiled. Ira was shocked but, nodded either way and gave the merman a hug." She spoke, smiling herself.

"As time passed, the two humans began to form a friendship. 'Gadget!' Ira exclaimed, now knowing the merman's name. 'Yes, Ira?' Gadget questioned, sitting on the beach. 'I love you and want to be your soulmate forever!' Ira exclaimed, hugging Gadget from behind. 'Yay! I can finally share my world with you. Once your soulmate accepts your love, the mermaid can once again return to the ocean and back to the human world along with their lover.' Gadget explained." The Teacher spoke, realizing how quiet the classroom was. She flipped to the next page, taking in the sound.

"Ira smiled as Gadget grabbed his hand taking him closer to the ocean. Gadget jumped into the ocean suddenly as his legs became a fishtail. Ira ran after him noticing how his legs became a fishtail as well. Many people spoke about how they saw the couple splashing among the ocean. They noted how happy and in love they looked." The Teacher spoke, closing her eyes as she imagined the scene. "Wow, a boy and boy falling in love! How cute!" A student exclaimed and everyone nodded in agreement. The Teacher sighed silently noticing that this generation of people won't grow up homophobic.

"The two adopted a kid, years later after getting married. Now, today, people say that the couple lives in the ocean and in this world. The child mostly lives here and if you are lucky, you will meet them. After all, mermen and mermaids live forever. The end!" The Teacher exclaimed, closing the book. "Wow! How long was this?" A student asked. "This happened a long time ago maybe, 100 years ago!" The Teacher exclaimed, smiling. "Cool! We might see them then! What if the kid comes here to school?" A student exclaimed. The bell rang meaning class ended and it was the next period.

"Great story, Ms.J!" A student yelled out before leaving. The Teacher sat there, waving and smiling. She clutched her necklace though as she remembered her parents. They would later go to the beach and into the water. Exploring the mermaid world once again because she is the daughter of Gadget and Ira, a mermaid family who lived for hundreds of years.

[A/N: Thank you, QuickstarTheHedgehog! This was really fun to write as well as cute! Although, I think I kinda rushed it, so sorry about that!]