Let Go

- 3rd Person -
"Hey, Ira? You okay?" Gadget asked. "I'm fine, I promise," Ira grumbled back as he continued to look ahead. Gadget had noticed Ira's change in his mood ever since they visited Sonic and Sliver. Of course, Gadget was too busy chatting with Sonic to even notice what Sliver and Ira were talking about. Yet, once they returned, Ira just seemed to be...pissed like all the time. "Doesn't sound like it." Gadget sighed before he responded. The red wolf noticed Ira roll his eyes at the statement as they continued to walk down the sidewalk. "Seriously, Ira, you've been so mad lately ever since we visited Sonic's and Sliver's house." Gadget explained in concern.

"Yeah, well, I haven't been that mad lately! It's not really something you should worry about..." Ira mumbled. "You almost attacked Shadow and I had to hold you back." Gadget spoke, almost immediately after Ira said that. "So? You know I dislike Shadow, nothing new there." Ira said, trying to make up an excuse. "He visited our house to give us stuff and you walked in then you tried to attack him. I held you back and told him to escape." Gadget recapped as the memory of the incident played in his head.

Of course, once Ira settled down, Gadget did apologize to Shadow who was okay yet, asked if anything was bothering Ira. Then and there, Gadget realized there must be something that could be causing Ira to act so immature. But, what was it? "Well, I...you only gave me one example. Not enough proof there, babe." Ira replied, quickly. "I have other similar incidents that include Amy, Knuckles, and other Resistance members." Gadget spoke as each memory played through his head. Each time, Ira would just walk in and almost immediately would try to attack the Resistance member.

He held him back every time and all the members started to complain about Ira's sudden attempts to attack them. "Ira? Do you...are you trying to kill them? Are you wanting to go back as...Infinite?" Gadget asked, hesitantly as he squeezed Ira's hand tightly. "No, fuck no. I don't want to kill them, after all, they saved me and I got to be with you in the end. Its just...the Resistance keeps reminding me of someone we met up with." Ira explained, letting go of Gadget's hand to put his hands on Gadget's shoulders.

Gadget felt like his face turned pale as he realized he was talking about Sliver. "I see..." Gadget mumbled. How did he not notice? Ira look pissed after the visit A.K.A. after talking with Sliver. Gadget assumed they had gotten into an argument about something which affected Ira's entire mood with the Resistance itself. "Close your eyes for me, I wanna take you somewhere special." Gadget ordered as he pulled away from Ira's grasp. "Uh, okay." Ira obliged as he shrugged his shoulders before closing his eyes. Gadget smiled softly and took Ira by the hand before continuing to walk down the sidewalk.

Instead of going straight home, Gadget took him to where Sonic's and Sliver's house was. Which wasn't too far from their house, it was only a block down. Once they arrived at the front of the door, Gadget knocked on the door two times. Ira knew they were at someone else's house, I mean, who would knock on their own door? Yet, whose house was it? "Coming!" Sonic's muffled voice exclaimed from the other side of the door. Ira froze at the voice and he opened his eyes immediately to glare at Gadget. "Sorry, I needed you to come here somehow, right?" Gadget mumbled, not looking at Ira but, at the door.

Before Ira could say anything, Sonic opened the door along with Sliver who was behind him. "Hey, guys, I didn't expect you two to come over. Come on in!" Sonic exclaimed, a little surprised at the sudden visit. Gadget smiled and the two entered but, Sliver and Ira seemed to glare at one another the moment they saw each another. "Sliver, honey? You okay?" Sonic asked, noticing Sliver's glare at Ira. "Yeah, I just found out that Ira and Sliver had an argument about something the last time we came over.  I thought that maybe they can talk it over..." Gadget whispered his plan.

"Ah, noted..." Sonic whispered back. "Okay, well then, boys! Gadget and I will be in the kitchen doing something, just stay there for a minute." Sonic exclaimed, taking Gadget's hand before running to the kitchen. The two hid behind the counter and peeked over by only a little. "So, here to apologize or something?" Sliver asked, crossing his arms. "Depends, how do you feel?" Ira asked, maintaining his glare. "Well, I still feel mad about the argument because well, you know..." Sliver explained, looking away.

"Oh, come on! That happened a long time ago and I even apologized!" Ira yelled out in response. "You may have but, I still feel unsafe and angry at you. I know I shouldn't but, still, you tortured my boyfriend for what? Six months?! You think I'm gonna forgive you easily?" Sliver asked, yelling out as well. "Seriously? He's still not over that, I may still have effects from that torture but, I'm okay. Why can't he let go?" Sonic mumbled as he looked at Gadget worriedly. "Pretty sure, you're supposed to, dumbass. After all, your boyfriend just happened to forgive me so, yeah." Ira explained, smirking.

"You wanna go?" Sliver asked with anger in his tone of voice. "Hey, Gadget. I'm gonna..." Ira spoke but before he could finish, Sonic and Gadget entered the room. "I know, go do your thing. I'll hold your coat." Gadget responded as he caught Ira's coat once it was thrown at him. Sliver looked at Sonic for permission who nodded after he sighed. Soon enough, the two were at each other's throats. "Is this okay?" Gadget asked as he looked at the mayhem. "They have like the same power level so, they should be able to tire themselves out soon." Sonic explained.

Gadget nodded slowly as the two continued to watch.