Used To It

Gadget's Pov:
"Eh, don't you think it's a little hot for a jacket, Rookie?" Sonic asked, concerned. I'm guessing he noticed me putting on a jacket to go out. "I'm fine, it's just, I like it and well, I just feel comfortable in it." I try my best to explain yet, lie. He nods slowly as he walks away to where I presume to be where Tails is. I sighed softly as I closed my eyes for a minute and went outside. I closed the door behind and started to walk as to see how everything was going. "Dude, you could've killed him then and there." The voice complains. "Okay, honestly, who put you in charge of me. I'm not killing anyone just because you said so." I explained, taking out my notepad and pencil. "But, Gadget, I'm hungry and Sonic seems like the perfect meal!" The voice whines. I groan slightly as I put my hand against my forehead. "First of all, that sounds kinda wrong. Second of all, I am not resorting to murder and cannibalism." I replied, annoyed. "Who says you would eat my meal?" The voice asked. "I'm not resorting to murder just because you are hungry," I stated, returning my attention to my notepad. "Besides, I thought you said we should be sneaky and stay hidden about this kind of relationship we have," I spoke as I realized what he told me. The voice was about to speak until I cut off him off knowing what he was about to say. "I swear if you say you'll bend the rules just because you're hungry. The moment you appear, I'll fucking deck you." I threatened with a blank face. "Duly noted but, still I'm hungry!" The voice whined again. I ignored him and I continued to walk around the area as I took notes on their condition.

After the war was over, I volunteered to check and record the areas around us to see if anything was wrong. Unfortunately, I met up with him, the annoying little brat himself. "Gadget, don't you dare ignore me! Or so help me, I will kill you!" The voice threatened and I tried to hide my chuckle. "What's so funny?" The voice asked, unamused. "Sorry, I just imagined you trying to fight me with your little noodle arms," I explained then, laughed. "Why you little shit!" The voice yelled, angrily.

"Just be happy that I'm agreeing to take care of you and feeding you, Infy." I reminded him, taking notes about my surroundings. "Right, right. I know, jeez, sorry. Not like a gave you a choice." Infinite apologized. "Actually, true, I take that back. You practically begged me." I spoke, remembering back to what happened. "Damn it! Plus, I didn't beg! What makes you say that?" The voice asked, trying to defend itself. "If I remember correctly, I picked up the Phantom Ruby and you begged me to put it on. You begged to take care of you. You begged me to feed you so." I explained, looking around.

"Oh, shut up, you're just asking for it!" The voice yelled and I giggled. "Hmph, you're lucky that you're cute or else I would have killed by now." The voice added. I blushed slightly but, shook my head slightly as I needed to focus on my work. After a few moments, no words were said or no sounds made which means that I could focus now. I smile and hum softly as I recorded everything around me to make sure nothing was wrong. Once I was done, I put notepad and pencil in my jacket's pockets.

"Finally! Let's go eat! I'm hungry!" The voice exclaimed and I giggled as I nodded. I began my walk to the nearest restaurant or fast-food restaurant, to be specific. But, once I neared the area, I was pushed to the ground with a knife near my neck. "Don't make a sound! Just give me all you got!" A male voice demanded and I looked to see their face was hidden by a mask. "Ugh, no! Now, let go of me unless you want trouble!" I yelled, struggling out of his grasp. "As if besides no one is here. Who would save you?" The crook asked, nearing the knife ever so closely.

"You asked for it..." I replied as I sighed, letting Infinite do his job. "What the hell?" The crook exclaimed, noticing the transformation I was going through. A mask appeared on my face as the Phantom Ruby glowed a bright red. "You dare hurt Gadget? You dare block the way for me to get food? Oh, you're in for trouble! From both of us!" I yelled, laughing all the while. I could see the crook back up against a wall and I smirk at the movement.

"You really think we can't see you? Oh well, it was nice meeting you!" I teased as I summoned the cubes around me. I moved my hands forward as the cubes immediately impaled the guy as blood gushed from the wounds. "Alright, Infinite, you had your fun," I spoke, crossing my arms. I felt the mask disappear and the gem on my chest got dim. I looked at the body and looked at the gem carefully as I got an idea. "Hey, actually, why don't you eat this guy? He was a scumbag anyway." I suggested as a little shadow appeared on my shoulder.

"Really?" Infinite asked. I nodded my head and sighed as I looked away. I could instantly hear the sounds of bones breaking, flesh getting torn, and being turned into mush as he ate. I put a hand over my mouth as I tried to hold in my urge to throw up.  "Thank you so much, Gadget. I love you for this!" Infinite exclaimed as blood dripped from his mouth onto me. "Yeah, no problem, no please stop getting blood on me," I responded, flicking the blood off me. "Here, let me help!" Infinite exclaimed and started to lick off the blood from my jacket.

"Oh, you're so helpful..." I replied, trying to hide my disgust.