I'll Be Lonely

[Art by sliverxcristal on Tumblr]

Gadget's Pov:
"So as soon as I give the signal, Rookie will come in to give a sneak attack!" Sonic explained, he started working on this plan with Tails and everyone agreed that it would help defeat Infinite once and for all. I wanted to end this war for so long and now we're so close to doing so! Now, me and my newly found boyfriend Ira can be together with no danger of the war. Especially since I am part of the Resistance if Eggman or Infinite found out, they would use him against me. He's my weakness, my world, I would die for existence. Which is why, we promised to keep this relationship a secret until the war was over. "Everyone! Infinite is attacking at Metropolis!" Knuckles exclaimed, I looked at Sonic who nodded at me.

"It's time to put this plan into action. Come on, Rookie! Gears remember to be on standby!" Sonic yelled out as we began heading towards to exit of the base and run to Metropolis. "Good luck, Bro!" Gears yelled out, I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. "I see someone noted of my attacks." Infinite's voice said, we looked around to find where he was. He suddenly felt a sharp pain on our backs as we were pushed forward. We looked in front of us to see Infinite floating there, I started panicking as I noticed his red cubes around him. "Ow, my leg. Sonic, I can't do this. You gotta go without me." I exclaimed, I held onto my leg as I faked out my own pain. "You can hurt me Infinite but, don't ever hurt Rookie." Sonic stated as he spin dashed towards the Jackal.

I held on tightly to my Wispon as I could hear each kick and punch throw at another. Finally, Sonic grabbed Infinite's arms together and sat on his legs so he was apprehended. I got up and fired my Wispon only for Sonic to quickly get out of way. Infinite was too late to move and got hit by my beams of the Wispon. His mask got off of his face as well as the Phantom Ruby which Tails told us that if it ever got off him, he would die as that is his life source. He landed with a thud on the ground and we rushed over to see the criminal in charge of starting the war. "N-No, it can't be..I-Ira?" I stuttered as I got down to my knees in tears. I quickly put him in my arms as I looked at Sonic who was confused and scared. "Rookie? He-" I stopped him midway with my confession.

"We were secretly dating but, I didn't know it was Infinite. He told me that his name was Ira." I exclaimed, he nodded and immediately got the Phantom Ruby. "G-Gadget? I'm sorry for lying t-to you. I didn't want to h-hurt you or for Dr.Eggman t-to capture you." Infinite or Ira said, his tone was weak and shallow. I grabbed the gem only to see it crumble little by little into dust. "N-No, we can still save you, Ira." I said, I held him more tightly as his hand went on my face to wipe my tears away. "I h-haven't heard anyone say my r-real name in a while. P-Please don't cry.." Ira said, he started tearing up himself and I chuckled at that. "But, you're crying too." I mumbled as his hand slowly moved away from my face. "I love you, Gadget." He mumbled before closing his eyes. Sonic checked for a pulse and sighed as he shook his head.

"N-No...Please...come back..it's my fault you're dead.." I mumbled, I held onto him as I cried.

"Please, don't leave me alone..."

[A/N: The backstory of this was that Infinite fell in love with Rookie but, since he was part of the Resistance, he had to fake it. Meaning using his real name and making Rookie his boyfriend.]