Long Time, No See [Part 2/3]

- Infinite -
I rolled my eyes as I heard another plan of Dr.Eggman. I could already tell that it was a huge failure, most of his ideas were. He never considered any factors such as an ambush, everyone's abilities, weapons, and storages on necessities. When will he finally understand that he must incorporate as many factors as possible? Even that blue hedgehog is smarter than him. Suddenly, I hear an alarm go off as the room flashed red and sounds echoed throughout. Dr.Eggman immediately got out of his seat and checked his cameras around his base. "Oh, it's that annoying Resistance!" He exclaims, grumbling under his breath afterward.

"You deal with them, Infinite, I'm far too busy with planning..." Dr.Eggman ordered before returning to his work desk. "What about an army to help me out?" I asked loudly as I floated toward Eggman with a menacing tone of voice. "Just clone some up! I'm too busy to help you out with those menacing rascals." Dr.Eggman exclaimed, continuing doing...whatever he was doing. I didn't care about what he was doing or thinking anymore. I groaned under my breath as I walk toward the door then, I slammed the door behind me shut as I left the room.

I looked out the window of the hallway to see the Resistance planning on top of a hill. A distraction already set out for me? Well, I can't wait to turn the tables. With the help of the Phantom Ruby, I summoned clone versions of that menacing blue hedgehog and his friends. "Listen well, Copycats. When I tell you to, you must go out there and distract as well as fight them, understood?" I explained as I continued to stare out the window. I could sense the clones nod in agreement and I smirked.

"This is what I love about clones, you can order them around and they'll do anything for you! The perfect little army! Now, go!" I exclaimed as I laughed afterward. Yet I stopped once I noticed the clone of one of the hedgehog's friends. I grabbed the clone by the shoulder and it stopped dead in its tracks. "I have a special mission for you. Capture that red wolf with the glasses on, he might be useful for some information, understood?" I asked, crossing my arms. The clone nodded and walked to where the clones were to begin its mission.

I'm not sure why I did that, but that red wolf is almost familiar to me. As if I have seen him before, off of the battlefield...but perhaps my mind is only playing tricks. I scoffed at myself as I realized how useless I was being just standing here and thinking. I should at least help out a bit considering the clones and the Resistance have just begun to battle one another. I ran toward the exit and soon enough, I was already entered into the battle. My clones were being flung around while some Resistance members were being held down by some of them.

"Hmph, why is it that they are always ruining the fun?" I asked. "Fun? This is fun for you?" Someone responded and I looked in the direction of the voice only to be met by a kick in the stomach. I was thrown back, but as soon as I hit the ground, I immediately got back up. "How many times must I tell you to back off?" I asked as I walked toward the blue hedgehog. "As many times as I need to! You aren't gonna win this war, Infinite." Sonic responded before curling into his usual blue spin dash ball.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed the clone already capturing and restraining the red wolf with his own grappling hook. I smirked and swiftly moved out of the way as Sonic spin dashed toward me. "I already got what I need so, thank you." I simply said before quickly floating towards my clone and the wolf. I picked up the wolf by the string of the grappling hook and flew back toward Eggman's base. "Hey, they got Rookie!" Sonic yelled out and I sighed loudly. Before entering the base and making two new clones to guard the door.

I could hear the red wolf in my arms struggle to break free. "Shut it or else, Dr.Eggman will know you are here," I mumbled to him to which he made a sound of confusion. "If he catches you, he'll torture you as he did to Sonic...for six months if Sonic decides to return the favor you did for him, that is." I teased, chuckling afterward. Oh, I remember that day like yesterday, a pesky red wolf just managed to break in and save that blue imbecile.

I swung him over my shoulder and I walked toward the door of the room where Eggman was. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside to see if he would notice me and this red wolf. I managed to notice that Dr.Eggman was entirely focused on whatever he was working on so I slowly shut the door. "Good, he won't notice us. Let's get you somewhere more...comfortable per se." I mumbled to him. "Hah! Comfortable? Please, you'll just throw me in where you once held Sonic himself." The red wolf replied. "Oh, shut up!" I exclaimed as I quickly flew toward the dungeon where we once indeed held Sonic captured.

I quickly untied the red wolf and threw him in his cell while removing whatever gadgets and tools he had in his belt. The red wolf immediately ran up towards me, but before he could grab me, I activated the cell to reveal electrically energized bars. "An upgrade from last time, do you enjoy it?" I asked, smirking underneath my mask. "...I...don't...Sonic will save me, just you wait!" The red wolf yelled out. I sighed as I took off my mask to breathe for a while. "Please, he never told his friend to not-" I stopped midway when I could get a clear image of the wolf.

We looked at one another as if we knew each other off the battlefield...