The girl who stayed strong

3rd Reader's Pov

"Erza belongs to our family and we need to bring her back home.", (y/n) said to Gray.

"Don't worry, we will.", Gray said back.

In that moment the (h/c) haired girl sensed something. "Gray, look out!", she pushed him out of the way as someone attacked them from the shadows.

They watched the shadows move, forming a man. He radiated a very strong and dark energy.

Glaring at him, they went into defensive stances as he blocked their way. "I guess you're one of the four knights, fighting for Jellal.", (y/n) concluded.

"Yes, you're correct, Ice Queen.", he confirmed. "I'm from the Trinity Raven Special Squad of the Death Heads order. The name is Lazadel."

"So, you're an assassin." The girl realized, observing his every move.

"Indeed I am and you're Fairy Tail's famous Ice Queen. That means this battle will at least not be boring.", his voice was arrogant.

"Go and find Erza. I'll handle this guy.", (y/n) spoke to Gray.

"Are you sure?", Gray questioned her, worried.

"I'm an S-Class wizard, remember? I'll be fine, Erza needs you more right now.", she assured him.

"Don't you think about on dying on me!", Gray told her.

(y/n) chuckled. "You won't get rid of me that easy." With that she inhaled a lot of air and shot her attack at Lazadel. "Ice Dragon Roar!"

Lazadel needed to dodge the attack and disappeared into the shadows, so Gray was able to get past him, running away to find Erza.

'I didn't really want to leave her alone.' Gray thought about (y/n) as he ran through the hallways. 'But Erza needs me more right now and (y/n) can hold her own. Still, I can't stop worrying.'

In the end he didn't find Erza, but instead ran into Simon and Happy in a dungeon like room, with cages hanging down of the ceiling and it seemed like it had no ground.

"What is that thing?", Gray asked when he saw Fukuro, one of the assassins that Jellal hired, who had the head of an owl.

Simon turned to him. "You're here. But where is the Ice Queen?"

"She is fighting an assassin right now.", answered Gray.

"And what is it doing with Natsu?", Gray sweat dropped as he saw the Fire Dragon Slayer being stuffed in Fukuro's maw.

"He swallowed him whole!", Happy yelled in shock.

"My prey is not only tasty, but I gain their magic energy as well.", Fukuro told them.

"Give him back to me now!", Happy flew at the bird man, furious. Fukuro just chuckled and used Natsu's flames to attack Happy.

"Impossible.", gasped Simon.

"Happy!", Gray shouted a warning at the blue cat, who landed on top of a cage.

"When he devoured Salamander he somehow gained his magic powers.", concluded Simon. "Their strength combined is terrifying."

"Now for the final blow!", Fukuro shot flames at Happy. The cage exploded and the remains fell down.

As the smoke from the attack lifted it was revealed that Gray had interfered just in time and saved Happy. The Ice Wizard was grabbing the chain were the cage hung before, having the blue cat in his arms. "Yep, that fire is pretty hot alright."