Clash at Kardia Cathedral

3rd Reader's Pov

(y/n) was standing on a rooftop looking out into the city. "To bad that my nose can't pick up Laxus's scent with that many people in town.", she mumbled under her breath.

"Where could he be hiding?", while she was thinking where Laxus could be, she remembered what Levy had told them before they left to join the battle.

...

"Now guys. I want you to listen closely", Levy caught the Dragon Slayer's attention. "We can't risk the three of you getting caught up in one of Freed's enchantments. So you're gonna have to separate. Got it?"

...

Meanwhile, Gajeel too was thinking about Levy's words as he was sitting on a tree, watching the city.

"I wanna settle the score with Salamander so bad I can taste it. But that lightning idiot is really working on my last nerve lately. So he's my priority now."

He grinned and looked at the floating paper figure next to him. "If that's okay, Master Ivan?"

"Of course, my boy.", a dark voice came from the paper figure. "Earning the trust of Makarov and the others is paramount. We must not let suspicion creep up their minds. Remember to always act as though your heart and soul belongs to Fairy Tail"

"As far as they know, I'm a team player.", Gajeel told him.

"We have time before the hammer drops on that sorry excuse for a guild."

Gajeel chuckled. "Yes, sir."

And then...

(y/n) looked up as a notification appeared above her. "Freed vs. Mirajane. Both Wizards forfeit."

She closed her eyes before she opened them again with a determined glare. "Now there is only you, Laxus. I hope you are ready for what's about to come."

The (h/c) girl looked up when she heard a loud noise and saw smoke coming from Kardia Cathedral. A strong magic energy came from it.

"Found you." She began to run into the direction. (y/n) cursed silently as she was on the other end of town.

...

"So here you are!" At Kardia Cathedral, Erza and Natsu just arrived, seeing that Mystogan was already facing Laxus.

"Erza!", Natsu gasped, seeing her.

"Hey, you made it out of there.", Erza noted.

Then Natsu looked at Mystogan. "Wait. Who the heck is that guy?"

"That's Mystogan.", answered Erza. Mystogan looked at the red head and put his arms before his face.

"You're wide open.", Laxus raised his hand and shot a lightning blast at Mystogan, destroying his mask.

Erza and Natsu gasped in shock when they saw the familiar face. "Jellal?", Erza's eyes were wide. "What the...?", Natsu exclaimed.

"But how?", Erza's voice trembled as tears were gathered in her eyes. "You're still alive."

"Oh, so you know this guy.", Laxus concluded with a smirk.

"Wait. I don't get it. So Mystogan is really Jellal?", Natsu was confused.

"Jellal... I...", Erza stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Erza, please forgive me.", Mystogan, who seemed to be Jellal looked away from her. "I was afraid you would see this."