Mazikeen #15

I snapped my eyes open. It was a beautiful darkness, which owned this place. Apparently, I fell asleep in the forest, but now I lay in a bed. Confused I stood up. Where am I? »I found you in the woods and brought you to your father's favorite place.« A calm, gentle voice appeared and I saw the shadow of the speaking person. Frigga. »There was no need to do...« »You have really beautiful hair Mazikeen.« She cut me off softly. »Uhm thanks I guess.« »One question... when will those things go away?« She asked and pointed down to my hands. Oh, crab! My green, transparent blades were still there. »I... I have no idea.« I answered honestly and she nodded. Carefully she took my hands, trying not to touch the sharp blades which came out of them. We looked in each other's eyes and immediately I felt this wonderful peace coming from her. It relaxed me and made me sit down back on the bed. Suddenly she let go, which made me look to my hands. Surprisingly my blades were gone. »How is this possible?« She just smiled. »Don't ask too much, your head would explode if you would know everything you currently don't.« She said and sat down in front of me onto the ground.

»What did you see Mazikeen?« She asked interested. I frowned, so she continued: »When Odin touched you.« I sighed. »Just... painful memories.« She nodded. »What did he do, that makes you so angry about him?« I cocked my head. »How do you know, that.... oh yeah shouldn't ask I got it.« Frigga smiled, but then her face turned serious again. »He lied to me.« I simply said, expecting she would be confused that I freaked out just because he lied, but she nodded understandingly. »How was it on earth?« She continued and I sighed. »I understand... Do you want to meet Loki now?« Immediately I shook my head. »No. I... no, it was a bad idea, if he would want to see me, he wouldn't have let me suffer on this ugly planet.« I answered in rage. »I understand why you feel that way, but you have to talk to him. He wouldn't do something like that with no reason.« Yeah because he doesn't want me! I screamed inside.

Frigga took my hands and squeezed them softly. »You can come to this place whenever you want darling.« She winked and stood up. »You're welcome on Asgard, don't let anyone tell you different alright?« I was shocked. This is a trap I thought because nobody has ever, ever been that kind to me. Frigga opened the door. »I almost forgot! Take this, it will lead you to the library.« What? Why does she know that I like books? Why does she know all those things? I just nodded and received a blue crystal. She smiled and left the hut.

After a while, I got pretty bored and decided to visit the library. I grabbed the crystal and figured how to use it. I recognized that it shone brighter in a certain direction, which I assumed should lead me to the library. So I followed the brightness into the palace, hoping no one would see me and finally reached the Asgardian library. I was shocked how big and beautiful this room was, which let appear a very rare, real smile on my face. It didn't last long because I viewed a tall, black-haired man, totally absorbed into a book. A huge wave of rage poured from me. I was so upset that I couldn't suppress my feelings, so they were somehow released. Too late I realized that I should've fixed that negative energy that came out of me. Apparently, Loki recognized because he looked up from his book a bit confused.

Immediately I hid behind a bookshelf but it was already too late. Loki stood up and looked around. Okay, think Mazikeen think! I tried to find a solution. I came up with the idea to make an illusion of Thor. I created it and let „fake Thor" walk to Loki. After I had no idea in which relationship they stood to each other, I absolutely didn't know how to let him act. »Hey, brother! What are you doing here so early in the morning?« I let him ask. Loki frowned. »Everyday at the same time Blondie.« He responded, looking at Thor's illusion skeptically. Crab! Thor smiled. »Psych, well then see ya later, I guess.« I tried to fix it but I just made it worse. »Mhm...« Loki said, walking around Thor and inspected him carefully. Suddenly Loki ran towards the illusion, pulled out a dagger and stabbed it. Fuck... the illusion disappeared and Loki rolled his eyes. »Mother?« He asked and I sighed. I won't get out of this mess. »Mother where are you?« He tried again.

I took a deep breath and made myself visible. As Loki saw me he pulled out his dagger again. Really? You don't even recognize my face anymore? I thought in disgust. But then he let his hand sink. »M-Mazikeen..?« I grinned. »Surprise?« I answered. »Is this a joke, mother? Because then it's not funny.« He complained. »As much as you wish it was, it's not. I'm real though.« I told him. »Maze, you shouldn't be here if the wrong person finds out that you are...« I frowned. »Excuse you? It's my right to be here.« I cut him off and he shook his head. »No... You don't understand, Thanos is still alive, if he finds out that I have a daughter and that you're here on Asgard, he will kill you.« Loki said upset.

»Yeah of course...you are such a good father, so worried.« Even the dumbest person could hear the sarcasm in my voice. »Secretly you wish someone, no matter who comes to kill me so that I don't embarrass you anymore right?« Loki shook his head again. »Why would you think something like that?« Now I totally freaked out. »You ask yourself that question.« I said and felt tears coming up. »You... you promised, you promised to come but you didn't. Instead, you let me completely alone on a planet I didn't even know.« »But you have Rachel, your mother..« »The hell she is dead. She was killed right after I came to earth.« I shouted »Wait... what? So you had no one?« Now I couldn't handle It anymore and tears were streaming out of my eyes. »Oh cut the crap as if you didn't know it.« Loki came nearer and reached for my shoulders. »I didn't Mazikeen, you have to believe me.« I wanted to see his mind so that I could know if I could trust him, but he protected it. I couldn't even feel what he felt, although he touched me.

I pulled away from him. »You let me alone, I can't just forget over a hundred years of hell, caused by you.« I wiped away my tears. »I...I couldn't come to Maze I betrayed Thanos after New York if I would have come he... I don't want to imagine what he would have done to you Maze.« He explained but somehow I didn't believe it.

»I don't even know how old exactly I am. I never visited a school or was shopping with my friends - I mean which friends? It's all because of you Loki, you ruined my life and you are going to pay for it.« »I do Maze, every day.« »You could have at least killed me, it would have hurt less.« Loki didn't respond so I turned around and left. Again I struggled with holding back tears. That was not the way I expected seeing my dad again after hundreds of years.