Lucy #46

»Mysterio? Are you there?!« I whispered into the dark. He told me, that he'll be there at four a.m. and as he was always on time he should stand in front of me in the following moments. Strangely enough, he also didn't show up after the third shout. I rolled my eyes. Men! All the same. But then a weird buzzing noise appeared next to me and suddenly he appeared. It scared me so much, my heartbeat way too fast again. »Sorry, I stole cookies on my way.« Was his excuse. My eyes widened - I mean I was a good girl. »Stole?!« He laughed at me for being so naive. »So what?« I added. Eyes were rolling again. »Chill.«

I told him everything about Bucky and my situation, and that he was probably not even interested in me, while we ate those delicious, bought cookies. He was a very good listener, after some time he tried to calm me down: »Just watch his reaction on different things you do.« I raised my brows and felt like getting the point of his statement. I battered from the walls and went up and down my balcony. »So... let's say I'm dropping a tissue.« I started, he faced me and nodded slowly, requesting me to finish the sentence. »... and I'm picking it up, so then he's starring at my ass. That's good in male language, right?« He just chopped his hand against his forehead.

»I literally don't get your mission. Learn to speak understandably.« I said shaking my head, were men actually that complicated? Mysterio was about to answer one of my questions when a scream interrupted this little morning conversation. It was Mazes scream, I completely forgot that she was in our room, Tony brought her in last night. Mysterio nodded sympathetically and decayed to dust. I went in, seeing Maze in her bed, completely covered with sweat and screaming again: »Go away!«

I stooped beside her and waved ahead her face. Nothing happened so I started talking to her: »Can't you dream quieter?« Pretty annoyed by her behavior I sat down on the ground and shook her on her shoulder. But my roommate moved on: »Steve, no!« I laughed uncertainly: »Uhm... actually it's Lou.« Disgusted by his name I shivered. But she didn't stop talking or better screaming his name. »Mazikeen!« I yelled at her. For one moment I started believing that it worked because everything went silent.

Well, I thought wrong because she moved on shouting and also chattering. What kind of fuckery is this?! I just opened the door, ran out of the room and the corridor along, almost bumped into some random, useless Agents and finally arrived in the living room. Out of breath, I leaned against a lamp, which was not my cleverest idea because it fell onto the ground and broke. With it my light and airy form. It made a really loud noise and Tony and a few others rushed into the room. On their top: Bruce, our personal doctor who actually was a scientist. »Are you okay, Lucy?!« He asked with a piercing glance. I nodded and tried to sidestep his view. He grabbed my shoulders and shook me really hard. »Are you okay?«

I felt all views on me, but there was something even worse. Everyone was looking at me with so much pity in their eyes, and there was nothing I hated more. I hated it even more than wearing LV to a Gucci bag. And on the other hand, I had Mazikeen, even though we hated each other I was hella worried about her. So I couldn't do anything but start crying. »I-I'm so sorry... it's Maze!« I fixated on Tony. »She's got an attack.« That was the final step to destroy me. I started screaming so loud and painful, just overstrained with this bad situation. Then Nat appeared in the room, her eyes widened.

»Lou! Oh my god, what happened?« Bruce tried to explain the situation and I was really thankful for that - because I wouldn't have made it without dying because of all the tears. »Everything will be okay.« She said, smiled and pulled me into a long hug. It felt so good, the ice was broken. She wasn't my mentor anymore, no. Even more. She was like a friend to me, helping me with all my sorrows. And I tried to smile back while she stroke my back.

Then Bruce wanted to check on me, now. Because of my wound, the fall, and as I overreacted that much, he was thinking about giving me some medicine against that. So he was pulling up my shirt to see the injury, I felt a little uncomfortable. Nat immediately noticed that. »Let's just sit down and continue then.« She said exhorting, Bruce didn't really want to do it on a couch but as I agreed he kind of had to. So I lay there while he pulled out a lot of instruments, also some injections and as I absolutely love them I was a little happy.

Well at least until I had recognized a few voices, also very familiar ones. Then I started hearing Steve's. Oh, my holy Jesus.. also Bucky spoke. I hated him right now, just as much as I hated Bruce for examining me in the living room. I really tensed up as they came closer because this time Nat was not here. She was in the kitchen or something like that, getting sandwiches for the two of us. Also, my doctor realized, that the others had entered the room: »Can you just be quiet? I do have a serious thing going on here.« I literally wanted to die.

Why the hell did he mention the „serious thing"? Of course, they came to see who was the serious thing now. And Bucky saw me naked in the living room, with a wound from his crazy ass girlfriend. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. He noticed that because he wasn't as stupid as I was, that caused the hushed chuckle I heard. My head started hurting, I thought about so many things.. after Bruce was done with his work, Nat came again and we ate sandwiches while talking. The soldiers were still in the room, sitting on a couch next to us, and I couldn't do anything but starring at this son of a bitch for the whole time!