Lucy #40

When I woke up and realized that it was Sunday, our big day. My broken sweeties will rock this shit, I was sure. I went into the bathroom and took a shower with my yummy shower gel, then I applied our group make-up in orange and black with a long eyeliner. Only with a red towel wrapped around my chest, I took a leak out, to our actual room. Shocked I noticed Cap in her bed. »Rogers! What the fuck?« I was still mad at him for the night at the party where he was drunk. He didn't react, so I first decided it would be nice to dress up. Our new costumes had already arrived.

Good service. I thought satisfied, the clothes fit perfectly on my body and underlined my small waist. Just a bit highlighter and orange lipstick. I was the only cheerleader in our team with this color, the others'll wear a black one. Everyone should know, that I was their leader and that I was the best. I brushed my hair and applied a bit highlighter, then my shoes came into operation. The next step was to wake up my dear sister, who's going to hate me.

»Fuck off!« I said loudly and hit Steve with one of my slippers. He immediately opened his eyes and jumped from the bed, also Maze slowly moved and stared at me. »Lucy? Shut up.« She moaned and got angry. I had no time to argue with them so I just told her that I'll be waiting for her on the first floor at ten a.m. After that, I ate some yogurt for breakfast. Also, Thor, Nat, and Tony were sitting on the big table. »Morning...« I mumbled and took a seat next to my mentor. I didn't speak any word until Tony asked: »Where's Steve?« I rolled my eyes. »He fucked your daughter..«

Even Bruce, who sat on the couch, looked up from his newspaper. »Language, kid.« Thor raised his index finger, I laughed contemptuously. Stark was already on his way to our room when I added: »Nah, kidding. He's just sleeping next to her.« He came back. »I guess.« He raised an eyebrow and looked skeptical, I giggled. Nat said, that the Avengers will show up on the appearance too, I smiled weakly and left while emptying a glass of water.

»To our Highschool, fast.« I kind of ordered and Happy accelerated. The expensive limousine rushed through New York's streets, illegally speedily. We arrived and many people were already there, even if the real appearance was at two p.m. Maze and I got out and Happy parked in an alley. In the lady's locker rooms everyone was screaming hectically and all crowded to the mirror. »Calm down! Liz, Mary and Chrissy: help me with the makeup.« They nodded and followed my commands. We had enough time, about three hours left, so we did our best and the girls looked completely awesome. As they were already dressed up we went to the field.

I didn't mention, but the „Broken Silence" was supporting our football team, „Silver Tongue", at an introduction to all parents and teachers. Mary gushed about her boyfriend, who'll watch us. »He's going to sit in the last row, I'll search for him...« She dreamt, but I just cut her off: »You better focus on the choreography, fuck him later.« I am always talking really fast, so Mary had problems understanding me. All her talk really pissed me off, at least Mazikeen seemed pretty amused by my annoyance. Half an hour before the footballers were leaving to show themselves our headmaster showed up and wished us all the best.

»Gee thanks.« I shook his hand and turned around to my girls. Then I spread the bows and checked every single one's hair, clothes, shoelaces, and makeup. We're done. I was so freaking nervous, I told them a few last things and reminded them of steps, they don't master that good yet. »I love you.« Were my last words before the door opened and we already saw the tribunes, the footballers and a hell lot of people. I heard their cheers and applause, then it was our turn. We'll show them what's talent.

We streamed out of the tiny room, straight on the grass. It was a bit wet, also a few raindrops fell down. The music boomed out of the boxes and swallowed all the stressing noises. I stepped forward and felt all the views on me. »One, two, three, four!« I screamed and my girls started moving, jumping and showing them their best moves. I made a backflip in the meantime and shook my Pom Pom's until they were done. Then we all danced, changed the position; sometimes Liz was in the front, then it was Jennifer or Maze. She tried her best and she was also pretty good.

Now and then I took the chance to have a look in the crowd. I spotted Coach Makenna, a few other teachers, the principal and also some of the Avengers. »Broken! Silence!« We all chanted, the football team played a quick game to show them their skills. Time went by, I remembered every step and so did the others. Even when I was not always directly in the front, I was the center of them and drew attention to myself all the time. »Go, Silver. Go, Tongue. You are good but we are better!«

Everything was perfect, the last step: some of the stronger girls came closer, the others lay down flat on the floor. Then they lifted me, took my feet and kneeled a bit. They counted in a whisper. Three, two... Suddenly everything went steady, just like in slow-motion. I had another look to all the people, my self-conscious smile put on. Higher and higher, I felt like touching the sky - and by now literally, every view was on me. Everything seemed to work until I realized that there was someone familiar, Mary's boyfriend. James.

And we had the normal time again, I did the balancing act very good, but then a huge wave of sadness, flashbacks, old times I almost forgot buried feelings. All that came up and I just collapsed in the air and fell down on the floor. They didn't catch me, how should they? Everyone was surprised, they screamed frightened, some of them didn't even get that it was not part of our entrance. I'd closed my eyes and felt Mazikeen's long nails on my back. Everything hurt, it was like my body wanted to drown my inner pain with this action.

»Calm down, Lou!« She said and pushed me against her thin body. »I'll help you.« I was kinda shocked by her friendliness, but my suffering made it really difficult to be thankful. I tried to thought about what she'll do. Then something came into my mind. Illusions. She's going to feint all those dumb humans. Mazikeen, you are a genius. I felt my body getting heavier, my eyes finally closed and I escaped that torment. The next thing I noticed was me, laying in the hospital part of the Stark Tower. A few machines stood beside me and I enjoyed the needles and transfusions in my veins. Mazikeen sat on the end of my bed and watched the liquid dripping down constantly. And somehow my roommate looked scared.