Mazikeen #43

I went down to the training room, to meet my mentor. I was a bit distracted by my thoughts, so I nearly fell down the stairs, huffing about my own dumbness. I entered and frowned as someone really unexpected sat on the floor in the middle of the room. Loki. As if he had eyes in the back of his head, did he recognize my presence. He stood up, turned around and faced me. He grinned slightly and I walked towards him, a bit wary. »Uhm where is Dr. Strange?« I asked and he crossed his arms in front of his chest. »He's busy. For today I'll replace him.« He explained proudly and I sighed.

»Mr. Strange said you would be really bad at handling your blades, so I think we'll start there.« Thank you, my lovely mentor. I thought a bit pissed, that he just talked about my abilities with my father. »Alright, we'll fight and you'll try to let them appear, but without hurting each other.« He explained and I moaned. They don't want to appear, dumbass. Frustrated I waited for him to punch me first. He hit and I blocked. I hit and he blocked. We continued like this for what felt like hours as he began talking while fighting. »My daughter and a filthy mortal, that's a bit disappointing Maze.« I frowned. What? »I mean Steve really? That doesn't even fit with your name.« He determined. »Wha... how do you know?« Loki grinned. »I'm your father, I know such things.« He explained and I got sick. »That is called stalking.« Loki laughed but became serious again. »What do you even like about him?« He asked and I was a bit overwhelmed. »Uhm I don't know he's kind... « My father interrupted me. »Kind? What the hell do you achieve with kindness? He'll make you weak and emotional, I forbid further interactions with this mortal.« He said and I got angry. »What the fuck? You just make your way into my life after decades and think you can just control it?« »Not control my dear, rescue it.« He said and I punched without taking care to not hurt him anymore. This piece of shit.

My hits went faster and my combos more tricky. Some time I finally managed to hit his shoulder, I just wanted to punch again, but I couldn't get my hand back. My father groaned in pain and I realized that my blade stuck in his shoulder, blood streaming out. Shit. »Don't let your feelings take over your actions.« He said strictly, struggling to get my hand out of his flesh. I pulled it out again, wondering how I let them disappear. Loki, on the other hand, took some handkerchiefs and pressed them against his wound to stop the terrible bleeding. »It's completely your fault Loki, you just turn everything in chaos right now, when will you leave again?« I asked pissed. »I'll stay Mazikeen, watch your attitude.« Voice full of pain and strictness. I huffed, rolled my eyes and rushed out of this damn training room.

I absolutely didn't care how bad I hurt my father right now, I was just so damn angry. I ran right into my room, ignoring Tony, asking me what's wrong. Lucy was still there, sitting in an armchair, doing some sort of meditation. I really don't have nerves for this creep right now. I thought annoyed by her weirdness. I turned around and left my room again. My feet carried me down the stairs, deep down. It was already cool and a bit damp because I was apparently under the ground. Every door was locked, except one. The door was one slit wide open, light beaming out of the room. I entered, eyes wide open and completely stunned as I realized, I've just found Tony's workshop. There was so much chaos in there, things were lying around everywhere. For a normal person unacceptable, but for a technique-lover like me, it was just divine. I rushed to one of those blueprints, Tony has made, feeling my heart freaking out of excitement. His newest invention was called The Lou-shoes. I grinned as I looked at all his plans more accurately and specifically. The Lou-shoes are made for Lucy because she gets hurt when she hurts plants. So if she would wear these shoes, she should take off as soon as she plans to go over plants, so that she practically flies over the grass.

I found out, Tony had already begun. I looked at his prototype and was slightly impressed by the result. It was not bad, but as soon as she would fly, these shoes would make a terrible noise, also you don't want to imagine the horrible stench. They were not particularly beautiful, to be exact, they were awfully ugly. I drew lots of new sketches and started to fill the chemicals into small beaker glasses to renew the reactor. According to my plan, in the end, the shoes should make only a faint hiss when their fly skills are needed, besides, they should definitely get lighter and smaller, otherwise wearing the shoes would be pure torture. »Not bad Mazikeen, actually that's brilliant, wait take the sulphuric acid instead.« I flinched as Tony interrupted my thoughts. I was so in the act of building, that I didn't even recognize his feelings before he came in. He gave me the pipette, about one centimeter filled with a liquid. That would probably work, yes. I agreed with him in silence. I finished the reactor with Tony's help, side by side forming and welding metal.

Exhausted I sank into one of the armchairs, beside Tony, thinking about the chemical reaction that would have to happen, so that the nitrogen of the air would be released from the shoes when at some point my eyes just closed. My head sank on the table as the clock struck exactly 5 o'clock in the morning. I didn't recognize Tony covering me with a cuddly black blanket, sitting down next to me and about 10 minutes after me also left the world of reality.