Lucy #38

Last night was pretty hard for all of us. Clint, Nat, Tony and I were playing UNO and eating cake with coffee. But then Steve interrupted us: he was carrying someone in his arms. Tony started up from his chair, shouting some instructions to Friday and some agents, who stood literally everywhere in this goddamn Tower. But then we all realized that this person, this girl, was our devil. I also stood up and went to them. Even if Tony wanted me to stay in the back. Rogers laid her down on the floor, I kneeled down beside her.

»Maze! Just breathe.« I said as calmly as possible. She was about to say something sarcastic, but her attack made it impossible. I grinned: »What a pity..« Without respecting the others I put my hand on her forehead and focused all the light inside me on it. Very soon I felt her skin warming up a lot and drops of sweat formed there. Holy shit I need darkness. I acted like someone controlled me like I knew what I was doing. »Tony, curtains! Friday switch the lights off. And Nat please bring me a bowl with ice cubes.«

They nodded and instantly obeyed me, actually did what I told them to do. This made me feel much better and safer: they had trust in me, knew I'd make it. Mazikeen suffered a lot, Steve tried to get to her the whole time. He wanted it so bad, Stark tied him to a metallic chair. »It's okay, deep breath in and out.« Once in awhile I commanded her to do something while I worked on converting all light I could find in Mazikeen to darkness. Give the demon it's power, hear me in the tower. You won't regret, she will forget.

My body stopped glowing and everything hurt a bit, it was just the effort of shutting down her torture. It gave me the energy I needed to help my sister. And finally, she stopped gasping for breath and suspired a few times, rubbing her throat. »Sleep.« I commanded and shook my head. She was so weak, tried to stand up and walk, but it failed and I caught her before she fell on the ground again. Tony let Rogers go and he directly heaved the poor creature, pushing her softly against his chest, helping her to show everyone in here that he'd take care of her now.

Stark didn't look very thrilled by his idea, however: after some time he told him where he should bring her and it was definitely not our room. They left and now Nat came to me, stroking my arm. »Are you okay?« I nodded shortly, not looking into her face. I was okay, that was not even a lie, but I felt kinda dizzy and useless like all my abilities had left me with Maze and Steve. Even Clint noticed that there was something wrong with me.

»You have a lot of friends, right?« He asked I raised an eyebrow. »Of course I do.« The next question came from Nat again: »And you are also famous? Everyone likes you?« I rolled my eyes. »They love me.« Their switching of who is talking really confused me, but they had the same idea, so I crossed my arms in front of my chest and watched them in turn. »What are you driving at?« Clint started smiling and went away, Tony also did. Only Nat stayed in the gloomy, creepy room with me. »You'll go shopping today. Call some of your girls, Happy will bring you.«

And there we had her good old commanding tone again. Only talking the informative part, straight ahead and with no small talk or words to decorate the speech. But I followed their tip and went down to my room. First I took my bag with the usual stuff in it, next I put a few of Tony's credit cards inside - he wouldn't mind it anyway. Then I applied a chapstick and brushed my hair, adjusted my glasses and threw on my favorite, white coat. My classic, red Heels completed the marvelous look. Satisfied I went to the limousine, got inside and talked to the driver about the mall where he's going to bring me.

»No I'll drive home via subway, a friend is accompanying me. See you.« I waved Happy one last time, then I turned around and realized how big the "New York Center" mall was. Liz, Mary, and Chrissy stood there, but also Amanda and Jennifer, other girls from the squad, were with them. »Hey!« I shouted overthrowing and hugged all of them, even the ones I didn't know until now. I had to buy our new cheerleading outfits because the appearance was in only one day and yesterday was our last official practice. Our colors were orange and black, we were called "Broken Silence" and I was hell proud of my babies.

A shop called "Cheerz" had literally everything you needed for cheerleading, so I booked a special order. Our colors and numbers on tops, which reached to our bellies and some kind of hot pants, who were also made out of that sporty material. Certainly, all the things had a lot of glitter on them, even our shoes were sparkling. Last but not least I bought all of us Pom Pom's, they were just a must-have. After some times even orange bows made their way in my shopping bag. It cost a bit, but Tony had his money so that was not a big problem.

We spent a lot of time in different expensive shops and I found a lot of new stuff. In the end, I hired one of Starks agents to carry all my things. »If you drop something you are faster fired then Maze can curse.« I said cool and I thought about the girlie, sleeping in the Tower. She is really fast at cursing... Then Liz took me back to reality. »Pasta?« I nodded and smiled at her. We ate at a fine Italian restaurant called "La Fragola", which means strawberry.

So we ate and I also drank a cocktail. They were the best and gave me the meaning of my goddamn life back. I drowned all my sorrows in them and sipped like three of them. Chrissy and Amanda were the first ones, who left. In the following minutes also Liz had to go. Jenny, Mary and I decided to drive back to our part of New York. We were on the northeast side of it now. I was already pretty drunk and leaned on the others. While our drive in the subway I was busy with trying not to puke. I managed it and said goodbye to my friends.

I arrived in the tower, completely done and it was only midday. Nevertheless, I went to bed after taking a shower and dressing up. I opened the window and told Friday to play my meditation playlist. For half an hour I was meditating, then I turned it off and fell asleep, it didn't even cost me much time to. I dreamed about the cheerleading appearance on Sunday and that something really bad is going to happen, in the dream Maze had an attack, again. But this time nothing worked right and everything ended with Steve's aggressive face, watching me while I killed her.