CHAPTER 11

We promenade towards the boat riding place. This looks fathomless and is so calming.

"This place is so peaceful. I wish I could stay here forever." Alone. Away from the every day monsters of life, away from family and friends, away from Zac.

"I know right!" Luna exclaims.

"Same. I wish I could stay back here." Kim says.

We wait for a boat and as soon as the guy out there gets hold of an empty boat, Luna waves her hands at him in the air. We hurry towards it and Luna jumps in it, expecting me to get in with her. My brain stops me from going in but my heart aches to step in and sit besides her. While I'm debating whether to go with her or no Kim gives me a stern glare which means I shouldn't.

"I'll go with Kim!" I declare.

I feel her eyes filled with tears at my rejection but she's strong enough to hold it inside.

"Meli get in!" She shouts. I can see her wounded inside but aggressive outside.
She hesitates but finally gives in. 

"Okay, wait!" Not to disappoint her, she takes off her slippers and gets into the boat.

Kim and me wait for an empty boat. As soon as we see the guy get hold of it, we hurry towards him.

"Get in fast!" Kim tells me.

"No, you go first!"

She gets in and I follow her.

"How the fuck do we ride this shit?" She frowns.

"Paddle forward!" I tell her.

As we paddle forward, we find it going backwards.

"What the fuck?" We both giggle.

"Let's try paddling backwards." She says.

After seconds of struggle, we find our boat moving forward. We keep paddling until we crash into a black slant pier looking thing. Not an actual pier or dock but something like it, where the boats were docked. The side of our boat is stuck under the pier and we don't know how the hell we're going to get it out. We try paddling backwards, forwards but it just doesn't move except for producing a screeching sound.

"Seriously?" I yell.

"Paddle forwards!" Luna shouts from a distance.

"We tried!" Kim shouts back.

We're stuck here for long now and we try calling out to the guy for help. He ignores us at the first call. But on the third call he says to push the pier up and then paddle forwards causing it to move away from it.

I do as he says. The pier is made up of a hard rubber so it's easy to push it up, while Kim paddles forwards.

"Kim keep paddling, keep paddling! Faster!"

"I am. You just push that up!"

After minutes of struggle, we are finally away from it, going towards the middle of the lake.