CHAPTER 35

The next day I receive a message from Kim saying, *"I'm better. Thanks for asking."* I really hate how distant I have to be from her. We're always been together, always. I tell her that I'll be with her in the mornings before classes start so she doesn't feel completely ignored by me.

As the days pass by we start communicating again and as soon as Luna arrives we either go for a walk else where or I start reading my book.

...

*"Happy Birthday Lucas. Have a blast! Love ya"*

*"Thank you. Come over to my house with Zac tonight."*

*"I would really love to but I have tuitions and I can't miss since prelims are on the head. I'm so sorry. Next time for sure."*

*"No prob. Next time."*

Rest of the afternoon is spent in studying for my biology test. Soon evening arrives and I meet Lucas and Anna on my way to tuition.

"Happy Birthday!" I scream giving him a hug.

"You're not coming?" Anna asks.

"No, you know prelims on the head. I can't miss tuitions."

"Oh yeah. Anyway can you please inform Sir I won't be coming."

"Yea sure."

"Aw, I feel so sad for you Lexi. Study hard." Lucas teases and I give him a frown.

My head starts to ache as I sit, gazing at my notes. I put my head and close my eyes for a while.

I hear the loud music as I walk up the staircase. As I enter in the house, my eyes fall on Zac. Is he dancing with another girl? I see his hands grabbing her ass as she grinds on him. I see him pull her face close to his and the very next second they are making out. I want to confront and catch him red handed but I don't have the courage. My hear is torn apart and I feel the earthquake shaking under my feet. He then grabs hold of her hand and leads her into a room...

What the fuck was that?

When am I going to stop having such dreams? Sometimes it's about Luna, sometimes it's about Zac. I trust him and I know he wouldn't do anything such. I'm scared though. What if he gets drunk and.... 

"Are you okay?" Chelsea asks me, noticing the tears in my eyes.

"Yeah." I force a smile.

"Is something wrong?" Her concerned face asks me.

"No no. Um everything is fine."

"How are things between you and Luna?"

"We don't talk anymore."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She says giving me a sympathetic smile.

"It's fine. I don't care." I do care even though I shouldn't.

She tries having a conversation about Luna and my friendship and I try cutting her off every time she does.

Time elapses and as soon as I reach home, I message Zac. It becomes an hour and there is still no message from him. He's probably enjoyimg and I shouldn't disturb. I'm so bored that I start playing songs.

This song reminds me of the last party he went for without me. Today when he's gone again, shit thoughts are coming up in my mind. What he must be doing out there drinking, smoking, drugs, or .....? Ugh its killing me. Laying on my bed, staring at the moon. Thinking if I could tell things to her. Should I trust her again? She used to be my best friend but now things have changed and it sucks. I miss her. I miss sharing secrets with her. I can't anymore. Stupid thoughts keep chasing me while I'm still hesitating to text her and I finally read her status which says,
"Don't hesitate to share your feelings with me, talk to me. You know I'm always there to listen to you."
Is this for me?  How does she know that I'm hesitating to speak to her?